anyone use crestaudio amp?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Mike.D.K, Jan 4, 2002.

1. Mike.D.K

Mike.D.K Stunt Coordinator

I was just curious. I see alot of other pro audio amps mentioned but I can't remember seeing crest. Last year I went to a music store to demo a Mackie 1400i to power two temptest sonotubes. The salesman mentioned trying the crest. He said they had recently become a dealer and they were impressive. He hooked up the Lt1000 the equal to the Mackie 1400 on paper. Then he hooked up the Mackie 2600, the big brother to the 1400. The crest sounded better and had more power. They were hooked up to the same speakers, he would just switch amps. The Mackie would clip before the speakers would distort where the crest never clipped but the speakers would distort terrible after a very high volume. I bought the crest and it does great. All specs are not created equal!! Mike

2. Bob Sorel

Bob Sorel Stunt Coordinator

I own 5 Crest VS-900's and I think they are great! I biamp my front three speakers, and power each of my four surrounds with the 10 channels I have available. And then I use a Crown K2 for my subwoofer [​IMG]

3. PeteG

PeteG Agent

Mike,

ThomasW & I are building a sonotube sub using

a BP1503 driver and after looking for two days

for a amp,I settled on the Crest LT1000 amp to drive

it. I'll have It next week. How's the fan noise

on the amp?

4. Mike.D.K

Mike.D.K Stunt Coordinator

The fan was not a problem for me. My seat position was about 11ft from the amp and I never noticed the fan. I ran the amp in 4ohm stereo. One channel to each sub. Each sub getting 500 watts. The amp gave all the power the subs could handle and would hardly get warm! You won't be disappointed. Mike