Anyone use CD Stomper labeling system?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Jon_Are, Nov 9, 2002.

1. Jon_Are

Jon_Are Cinematographer

I'm having a heck of a time getting things to work.

I'm trying to scan CD covers, then import them into the stomper software, then print them.

The screen that is used shows two boxes: a square, for the cover, and a rectangle for the back of the CD case (including two vertical 'spines'). Each field is surrounded by a quarter-inch border, that turns red when you select that field.

Here's what's happening: When I import my image, it extends all the way to the outside border - or red area - which is, in fact, outside of the perforated card on which it will be printed. In other words, the two 'spines' do not align, because the text flows outside of the spine border.

There seems to be no way at all to resize the image within this program. If I re-size it elsewhere, it STILL fills the field to the red border.

The documentation is no help, the help file is pitiful, and the FAQ at the website is laughable.

Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

Jon

2. Max Leung

Max Leung Producer

Perhaps try it with Microsoft Word? As horrible as that sounds, I have had more success with MS Word printing CD covers. Also, Avery's CD cover printing software actually isn't bad, although it only works with Avery CD cover printing products.

If that isn't an option, you may need to pad out the image using a paint program. That is, add a white border around the image. This is more difficult than it sounds, and I will not be held responsible for the psychological damage that will ensue!

3. Ted Lee

Ted Lee Lead Actor

i'll assume you've tried to resize the image?

select it and grab any side, then click 'n' hold, then resize.

4. Rob Gillespie

Rob Gillespie Producer

I've tried a few of the CD labelling and insert apps over the years and found them all to be awful. I just use MS Publisher now and made my own templates.

5. Gary_E

Gary_E Second Unit

I agree with Rob. I use Avery After-Burner software to create the disc label but Microsoft Publisher to create the inserts and to lay out all the graphics.

-Gary

6. Jon_Are

Jon_Are Cinematographer

7. Ted Lee

Ted Lee Lead Actor

hmm...

that's trippy jon. will it allow you to resize the clip-art that came with the app? fwiw, my friend (who also imports her own pics) also does not have a problem resizing her pics.

i hate to suggest this, but have you tried a reinstall of the app?

stomper is pretty powerful for what it is. i've been very impressed with it's graphic and text-formatting capabilities...