What's new

Anyone use an AVR-520 with GR A/V-1+? (1 Viewer)

Bob Friend

Stunt Coordinator
I'm considering building a pair of A/V-1+ from GR Research. Has anyone used these with the HK AVR-520? I'm worried that the receiver can't handle the 4 Ohm load.

Yousaf

Second Unit
HKs are stable into a 4 ohm load...at least that what the manual for my 320 says

george king

Supporting Actor
Bob,

I would not worry too much unless you want to listen Loud. I had a Yamaha 995 running some 4 ohm Kefs (before I switched to GR Research AV-1s), and never had a problem. So you should be ok.

Great speaker choice, I just love my A/V-1s and supposedly the 1+s are even better.

Bob Friend

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks for the replies. This is why I was concerned (from HK's website)

However, there are some manufacturers' speakers that have a minimum impedance well below the 4 and 6 ohm nominal impedance. In this situation, the receiver will protect itself by going into standby mode.
The A/V1+ has a minimal impedance of 3.6 Ohms. That's not too low?

george king

Supporting Actor
Bob,

I do not know. However, many speakers have a transient drop to low impedence's which is probably not a problem. If however, there is a sustained drop to really low levels, that could be a problem. OTOH, if you do not play really loud, then the demand should not be that great.

Also, my Yamaha had a switch on the back for 4 or 8 ohm speakers, does you HK have one?

Bob Friend

Stunt Coordinator
George: No switch on the back of the receiver. How loud is really loud? I don't think I'm hitting reference levels playing movies.

Thanks for the input. It's appreciated.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks