Anyone use a Monster Power HTS2000?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Natelabo, Feb 4, 2003.

1. Natelabo

Natelabo Stunt Coordinator

I know this probably doesn't go here but, I figured more people would see it and hopefully answer. I wanted to know if anyone uses this and if it has a good or bad effect on your receiver amp pre/pro whatever... I would be using with my Sony DA1ES. I have read good and bad reviews. But I would really like to know if this would be a good buy. Thanks.
    -nate

2. David Judah

David Judah Screenwriter

I use one. The noise filter actually works very well. I measured the noise on my line with and without it and got a reduction in the 90% range.

DJ

3. Roger Kaufmann

Roger Kaufmann Stunt Coordinator

I use one too, I did notice a little less noise on my receiver and the video slightly sharper. I am upgrading to a HTS3600 within the next 10 days or so which makes my HTS2000 available for sale.

4. ChrisAG

ChrisAG Supporting Actor

I purchased one more for the surge protection rather than sound cleanup, since my house seems to have fairly clean power anyway, but I believe the HTS2000 cleaned up the noise floor somewhat. However, on the video side, I think the picture is slightly duller when passing the signal through the unit.

Roger, according to some opinions on Audioreview.com, some models above the HTS2000 (such as the 3500) apparently dulled the sound, indicating that perhaps the units have too much filtering.

5. Angelo_Petralba

Angelo_Petralba Second Unit

My HT2000 got rid of my Ground Loop Problem by inputing the CABLE wires into the Input and output to the TV! Plus it has LOTS of plugs!..11 i think.

Angelo