What's new

Anyone try the stuff from KnuKonceptz.com (1 Viewer)

Mark Fitzsimmons

Supporting Actor
I am thinking about ordering some 12 gauge speaker wire and gold banana plugs from KnuKonceptz.com

I checked their feedback rating on eBay so I know they are trustworthy as a seller but is their stuff any good? Its pretty cheap but looks to be of decent quality.

Chu Gai

Senior HTF Member
Let's see...online store price for 12 gauge is $0.80 foot...50ft spool for $40stuff is twisted which can eliminate some interference (provided that's an issue)...pretty color...294 strands...pretty flexible. Didn't see their bananplugs on the site.
SoundKing at partsexpress.com 50ft of 12 gauge...259 strands..also very flexible $23 ummmmmm..bananaplugs...same site $5 for Dayton screw type (2red, 2 black).
Don't know about s/h although i'd take a guess that partsexpress would be less.
Differences in sound quality? Unlikely unless you're maybe drying your hair next to your speaker cables, or mowing your carpet with a 5hp Sears. Differences in appearance. Sure.

There's no reason to expect that Knu's stuff is poor quality. Like the vast majority of players in the cable business, their stuff is likely made for them to spec by a large wire manufacturing company such as New England Wire.
Ball's in your court.

Mark Fitzsimmons

Supporting Actor
Actually I was looking at the 12 gauge that is not twisted, 50 cents a foot. Which is slightly more expencive than PartsExpress but I have to buy in a 50 foot spool which is more than I need so it would be wasteful to go that way; I only want 30 feet.

The banana plugs at partsexpress are a good buy and I'll probably get them there.

Chu Gai

Senior HTF Member
never know when you might need a bit more or maybe have a friend who needs some. multiple orders have a way of eating up s/h making savings in one area disappear. all depends on what makes you comfortable.

Rob Landolfi

Stunt Coordinator
Mark,

I've ordered in-wall 12-ga wire and the Dayton banana plugs from PartsExpress. Their customer service and order response time are outstanding!

For the banana plugs, the (stripped) wire enters the plug in the opening in the center of the plug. Unscrew the knurled end until you have an opening big enough for your wire, feed your wire in, then tighten the knurled end down on the wire until you have a secure connection. Keep excess wire from protruding appreciably out the other side after you tighten the connection... you don't want any stray strands contacting other strands from other plugs. You can trim the excess if necessary, or simply adjust how much wire is fed into the hole. Good luck!

Mark Fitzsimmons

Supporting Actor
Thats what it looked like from the picture. The KnuKonceptz bananas connect to the wire like this.
http://www.knukonceptz.com/Product/banana1.jpg
I like it better this way and this may be reason enough to get theirs instead. However, the partsexpress/dayton method might be better for using higher gauges. Judgeing by the picture it seems the bananas from knu would be less tight with 12 gauge than the 8 gauge they are pictured with, but this wouldn't be a problem with the parts express bananas. This is a hard decision!

Chu Gai

Senior HTF Member
well now, we could always list a multitude of banana plugs and toss in spades to boot with corresponding links! That'd make it even tougher! The good thing is there probably isn't any bad decision. Mr. Landolfi's experience with partsexpress is not unusual.

Rob Landolfi

Stunt Coordinator
Mark,
Those are good looking plugs from knukonceptz and they say that they'll work from 16 to 8-gauge. The Dayton plugs work great for me and are only $5 per four-pack. Like Chu said, there's no bad decision so don't beat yourself up too much over the plugs. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks