Anyone tried those personal video goggles?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Dave Poehlman, Jul 11, 2002.

1. Dave Poehlman

Dave Poehlman Producer

You know, the ones you see in the high-tech mags that simulate a large screen TV.
    Here is one article.
    Any of you HTF'ers ever try/own one of these things?

2. Phu Vo

Phu Vo Stunt Coordinator

I tried the model that is in that link. It is a novelty at best. Their analogy of the goggles it that is is like seeing a 10ft screen 8ft away. It is more like seeing a 1 inch sceen half an inch away. Those goggles are a joke. But, I hear the Sony ones are better.

3. John Doroshenk

I think it was the sony one that I tried, I don't know if I have a big head or something, but it was actually quite uncomfortable to wear. The picture was too weird, it looks like it should be a big screen in front of your eyes, but it really does end up looking like a 1 inch screen half an inch away, makes it hard to watch.

4. Ray Tsui

Ray Tsui Stunt Coordinator

I tried the Eye Trek widescreen model. The quality wasn't very good. Colors were terrible, the picture was somewhat pixellated (the resolution isn't there). I think their high end model called the 700 addresses the resolution problems.

The illusion works, but since I find your eyes get tired more quickly. It was ok to wear for about half hour but that's about it.