Anyone tried Obi Wan yet?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Chris Bardon, Dec 21, 2001.

1. Chris Bardon

Chris Bardon Cinematographer

From reading about it, I have the feeling that this game is going to be either great or terrible-kind of curious as to which one it'll be. Anyone had a chance to sit down with it yet?

2. Jeff Kleist

Jeff Kleist Executive Producer

It's a piece of poodoo from what a friend who got a review copy told me

3. Ike

Ike Screenwriter

I think the general impression is that of Jeff's friend. The fact that it was scrapped for PC all together doesn't help, neither does the fact that it's being called almost identical to The Phantom Menace, quite a mediocre game.

In a recent Gamespotting, I think one of the staffer's came out and said it just not good. Oh well, lightning doesn't strike twice with good Star Wars games I guess. (Where's the X-box port of Rouge Squadron II, huh?)

4. Dave F

Dave F Cinematographer

Not only was it once a PC game, development was then shifted to a PS2 version, then to the XBOX version.
    It's kinda funny that it started it's life as a Jedi Knight title, then became just "Obi-Wan", and now there is a new PC Jedi Knight/Dark Forces title underway. Ironic funny, not ha-ha funny. [​IMG]
    -Dave

5. Chris Bardon

Chris Bardon Cinematographer

I don't know if I like the argument that the game being scrapped for PC automatically makes it bad-what about Halo?

6. BrianB

BrianB Producer