What's new

Anyone tried any of the new Multi format DVD players? (1 Viewer)

Charles Gurganus

Supporting Actor
Onkyo 8300, Integra 8.1 or Marantz?

I want to replace my Panasonic A110 but I am having a hard time with which one to go with. I've considered the Sony 999es but some questionable video problems have me scared away from that. I've looked for the Pany Rp82 with no luck and have considered getting the Pany 72 5 disc player from CC ($219). I would really rather have a universal player (SACD and DVD-Audio) but one of the Panasonics, which I've heard have excellent video plus DVD-A, is a possibility.

What about the Denon 3800? How much does this cost and what is better about this player over the Pany's? Of course the Philips 963 is interesting if it ever comes out also.

I don't have a HDTV yet, so I will use an analog Pioneer TV probably until next Christmas, but I want good progressive scan so I will be set when that happens.

Kevin C Brown

Senior HTF Member
Try a search. :) Many threads on these, and the Pioneers 47a, 45a, 47ai, and the new Yamaha just out.
I think it's the Onkyo 800 btw...

Kevin C Brown

Senior HTF Member
Try a search. :) Many threads on these, and the Pioneers 47a, 45a, 47ai, and the new Yamaha just out.
It's the Onkyo 800 and Marantz 8300 btw...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks