What's new

anyone that's built (or heard) the K05B41 bookshelfs from speakerpage (1 Viewer)

Philip_G

Senior HTF Member
How are they? :)
I want to build a pair to use as mains but I don't know if I'm going to be happy with their performance. I've got a pair of dayton studio monitors I'm using for rear surrounds, I've tried them as mains but they're just too muddy sounding in the mid range.
I'm replacing a pair of acoustic research AR308PS floor standing speakers, 3 ways, 8" woofer with like a 3" mid.
I'm just afraid a pair of bookshelf speakers won't perform as well as these, am I right, or just paranoid?
I ordered a center channel kit from speakerpage, because I'm not happy with the AR center channel, we'll see how it blends with the other AR's for now.. but the plan is to build a pair of bookshelfs if I like it.
edit:
forgot the link
http://www.speakerpage.com/K05B41.htm

Brian Bunge

Senior HTF Member
Philip,

Our very own Hank Frankenberg has built a pair and told me he's dropped several jaws with their performance. I just got a kit in yesterday and will be building them soon. Now I can truly compare them to my ACI Emeralds!

Brian

Philip_G

Senior HTF Member
Ok :)
that's what I like to hear!
let me know how you like your kit!
like I mentioned, I'd like to use them as mains (with a DIY sealed shiva of course) and I guess I'm a little paranoid since once I buy them it's game over, I can't afford to replace them if I'm unhappy.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks