Anyone that has the sony rm-av2000 remote, look here!

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by ryan davis, Aug 17, 2001.

1. ryan davis

ryan davis Stunt Coordinator

I got this remote used today, and im having some trouble setting it up. It wont turn my reciever up or down with the volume buttons, nor my tv. I also cant get it to do much with any of my componets when i program it for them. My reciever is a yamaha rx-v992, my dvd player is a pioneer dv-525. It says it should be pre-programed for both, but i can only get about 3 functions to work for the dvd and about 2 for the reciever. What am i doing wrong? Any advice? Ive read the manual, and its not confusing but anything i try isnt working. PLus is this things memory easy to fill up? I dont have that much programed in it and it seems to not want to learn anything more unless I delete something. thanks for any help guys, any advice is apreciated!

2. John Welch

John Welch Stunt Coordinator

How many devices were already learned when you got it? It might be better to go to each device and erase the memory for that page. This remote will learn a lot of commands, mine is programmed for 7 devices (TV,VCR1,VCR2 for laserdisc player,DVD,CBL/DBS,AUX for receiver and OPTION for Audio/Video switching on the receiver.
    I never had much luck with the pre-programmed overlays. Best thing to do is use the overlay for the make of equipment that has the most working functions for that piece. Then delete the function keys including the keypad that don't work to free up the memory and use that memory to program the keys you want so they do work. I learned most of the commands for the players from their remotes. Remember you can in most cases also program the volume up/down buttons, the channel up/down buttons, and the mute button which means you can program the DVD overlay to also control the volume on your receiver or preamp. I have the TV button as the only source that doesn't use the receiver as such. The only real drawback to this remote is the inability to change the button labels and the spelling error on one label that exists on every instance of it in the page overlays.
    I suggest for some detailed info on this remote that you go to this site . They have a large amount of info on this and other remotes.