Anyone that has one of the Sony stands for Wega sets...

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Michael*K, Oct 18, 2001.

1. Michael*K

Michael*K Screenwriter

I need to get one of these because my current stand is way too stressed from the weight of the set. A couple questions though...First, the pictures I've seen make it apear that the top of the stand is just about flush with the base of the Wega. Is this true and if so, is there something on the stand that keeps the set from sliding from side-to-side or back and forth? I don't want someone to accidentally bump into the TV and have it go tumbling off the stand. Also, is there a particular stand model I should get for my unit? I have a KV32FS16 and of the several online retailers I've checked, that particular model hasn't been listed. Comments, please.
    ------------------
    --Mike
    Amazon Hot 100 DVD's

2. Yohan Pamudji

Yohan Pamudji Second Unit

I was looking for Wega stands locally also, when I stumbled across a TV stand in Circuit City made by Gusdorf. It has black shelves and grey metal bars at each of the 4 corners. This thing is extremely sturdy, and my 32" Wega fits almost exactly on top of it with a little additional shelf space left over (we're talking 2 or so inches on either side of the TV). I also have the matching A/V rack, so the setup looks pretty organized now.
    ------------------
    This screen has been formatted to fit your movie.

3. JasonRH

JasonRH Second Unit

Michael,
    I use one of the Panasonic Tau stands. It is of a similar color to the Wegas and is on wheels(big bonus for moving such a heavy tv). Also much cheaper than the wega stand and comes assembled in the package. You should look into that.