What's new

Anyone suggest a HT Universal remote (1 Viewer)

Paul_Nyman

Second Unit
I recieved a Sony RM-AX4000 Home Theater Remote Control
as a gift during the holidays. I tried setting it up with my satellite providers equipment, DVD/AV system, DVD-Recorder, and our older VCR. I can't get it to work the satellite except to power on & off.

I decide to return it and was wonder if anyone can suggest another brand Universal programable remote under $130.00 they have used.

Thanks

James Edward

Supporting Actor
The Home Theater Master MX-500. Easy to program, nice 'feel', and about $90-100.
Look it up online, and I'm sure you'll see very favorable reviews.

Charlie Campisi

Screenwriter
I like the Harmony remotes. I have a 659 and a 680. The 680 has a few more hard buttons and a better layout for DVR use, although the 659 is not bad with DVRs. The Harmonys are good if any novices (wife, kids, babysitters) need to run your system. Get them from amazon. Good prices and a good return policy (my first one was dead out of the box).

Vivek_IVB

Stunt Coordinator
Ditto on the MX-series. Before you limit your $$ amount, the one thing to consider is whether you'd ever want to move your equipment to a hidden closet/room, in which case you'd want one of the nicer ones that have IR/RF capabilities.

I have the MX850, which at $400 is way over your budget. It has the ability to xmit RF to an RF base station, which retransmits signal as IR to your components. This allows you to put all your equipment in a different room, and control from anywhere in the house.

Obviously you don't need to get that one, but I think the MX(700?) may also have this, but at a cheaper price point.

Anyhow, something to consider as you don't want to buy this more than once.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation155
Recent bookmarks