What's new

Anyone subscribing to DVD Etc? (1 Viewer)

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
two years for twenty bucks seems like a pretty good deal. has anyone checked out a hard-copy from the newsstands yet?

just curious...

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
cool jack - if you get your hot little hands on one let me (us) know what you think. ;)

Kyle McKnight

Senior HTF Member
It was supposed to be on newstands 2 days ago, but I've been to 3 different Barnes & Nobels (2 today) and have yet to locate a copy. I'll be subscribing, just hope that it stays in print (total movie) and doesn't run off with peoples money (dvd preview & Mr. Maltin) :D But, since they seem to be "partnering" up with HTF in a sense, I have faith in them.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
What happenned to the HTF special deal for members? If it's posted somewhere around here, I out-and-out missed it!

Kyle McKnight

Senior HTF Member
[c]
dvdetc.jpg
[/c]
[c]EXCLUSIVE OFFER FOR HTF MEMBERS - BUY 1 YEAR, GET 1 YEAR FREE!
Click Here for this very LIMITED TIME OFFER that ends 5/31[/c]

Dave Gilbert

Second Unit
I would have subscribed, but it cost an extra $32 to ship to Canada. Convert the whole thing to Canuck bucks, and I'll have to check out an issue or two before I decide whether or not to subscribe.

JasonKrol

Supporting Actor
i did subscribe, as I realized that Im always scouring the net for DVD news/info as Im a junkie for that kinda stuff, then I saw the HTF ad at the top and realized ... "Duh, I need a mag like that!"

the rest is history!

Kyle McKnight

Senior HTF Member
Just to update everyone, I received an email from DVD Etc stating that the mag will be on newsstands on the 28th.

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
Yeah, I want to subscribe, but I'll buy the first issue at Border's Books first.

SteveGon

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Gonzales
I subscribed a couple of days ago. I wasn't really satisfied with Total Movie and figured I'd give DVD Etc. a shot.

Adam_WM

Screenwriter
Real Name
Adam Moreau
I've decided to skip it. I've got too many magazine subscriptions anyway. Plus, any DVD info I need I can get for free off of the net.

Travis Olson

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Travis Olson
I received a preliminary issue in the mail today (Thanks Terry!). Overall, it is a very good magazine, I would say as good as Sound & Vision. It has in depth reviews of a lot of equipment as well as DVD reviews. HTF is also featured in an article about the Top 10 DVD's. I will be subscribing.

MartinTeller

Screenwriter
I just got home and found a complimentary issue in my mailbox. I've only briefly flipped through it, but it looks very nice. Much more professional than Total Movie/Inside DVD.

Interesting that none of the DVDs that were reviewed got a score lower than "B", though.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks