What's new

Anyone still watching the new Ninja Turtles show? (1 Viewer)

DeathStar1

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil
Heh, fun Episode today called "The Shredder Strikes".

I'm still concentrating on the sleekness of Shredders Classic Design, but the new version definetly has the ability to work better animated than the classic version did. I also love the way how the animators are making the City of New york look ten times more realistic in terms of building size, street size, and atmosphere than the original series did. Now, if only they can cure the 'deserted city' syndrome, and add more people, moving traffic, and nitelife in the city, I'd be even more happy ..

The episode itself was rather fun. Still undecided how I'll like this new version of Shredder, but so far I'm liking what I'm seeing. He looks like the Anime version, but acts like the movie version, wich is good. I also agree with a previous poster. The Shredder needs to raelly cream them not only in this episode, but in future episodes so it ALAWYS leaves you guessing.

Shredder in the original series, out of 192 episodes, succeeded in his missions a total of about 5 times(ballpark figure). This Shredder needs to win on more than one occasion, and will give the turtles a TRUE threat to deal with. Even better, the Shredder can now kill victims, so that will drive an even deeper edge to the story as well...

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
There's something i've been wondering about the new show, I understand that the boys are no longer craving pizza 24-7 and that they are rougher and tougher than they used to be. But if the shows creators really wanted to change the shows image why not call it simply Mutant Ninja Turtles? You know, leave out the "teenage" indicating that the boys have grown up.

I mean to me they no longer look or act like teenagers really. Just curious.

DeathStar1

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil
Only in the new Mirage book have they ever aged the characters, putting them in their 30's. But who knows what the lifespan of a mutant turtle is, so I guess stating an age dosn't really matter too much.

Just a fun little factoid that they threw in there, I guess, for anyone curious.

CaptDS9E

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joey
Im still watching and I like the show a lot. This weeks episode was really good and from what i read starts to set up the story line for the rest of the season. Like other shows do in its first season. Do a bunch of stand alones and then kick things into gear. I also found a bag of TMNT action figures in our storage room today. all of them in pretty good condition. Time to dust them off

capt

Andres Munoz

Senior HTF Member
I'm still watching every week. Love this new version. Darker but cool and funny at the same time.

The turtles DO act like teenagers so the name fits just fine.

I can't comment on this episode yet because I haven't watched it. I recorded it though.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Steve Latshaw
Recent bookmarks