What's new

Anyone still want the 3-Disc E.T. for just $24.99? (1 Viewer)

RafaelB

Second Unit
Matt-

No need to call them. That's what my order displayed when I went to check the status as well. If you really want to make sure check the item # which is the UPC code listed in one of the above posts. If it matches then you're on!

Rafael

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
Okay...thx for the tip. I was just worried, because I had absolutely no idea wtf that color statement meant.

Thx again!

Seth Paxton

Senior HTF Member
Matt, that's what mine has said from day 1 as well.
I choose to keep the cost to the bare minimum so my shipping is the 7-14 day one. I don't expect it anytime soon.
So I was mostly concerned with the order status, but if that doesn't get updated either then I guess I should just expect it to show up some day and then get a confirm email days after. ;)

Michael D. Bunting

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
Seth
I got my email (shipping) confirmation overnight last night...I too went with the 7-14 day shipping option (Media Mail).
Maybe you'll get it today.....or tonight :)
I ordered it on the day this thread started: The Afternoon of October 15th, 2002

Adam_WM

Screenwriter
Real Name
Adam Moreau
I ordered mine before noon on the first day and it hasn't shipped yet. Geez. I have a CSR researching why the hell my order hasn't shipped yet.

Jeff D

Supporting Actor
Adam.... Adam.... Adam.... give it time. Patience is the key. Don't worry. There is nothing you can do to change the speed, but you may end up getting ALL the orders cancelled.

Adam_WM

Screenwriter
Real Name
Adam Moreau
Somehow I doubt that, Jeff. It is obvious they are shipping these orders, so whether or not I want to follow through on my order is my decision. If they cancel all the orders, there will be a lot more pissed people than just me. K-Mart may have been dumb enough to price these things wrong, but they aren't dumb enough to anger a bunch of their consumers.

Plus, I have reason to check. People who have ordered after me are already getting their orders shipped days ago.

Patrick_S

Senior HTF Member
Just a simple question for those who ordered this when Suncoast had their special price, has anyone received their order yet?

My shipped on the 19th and my card was certainly billed but I have yet to receive my order. I'm just curious how long it usually takes for Suncoast orders to arrive

Lyle_JP

Screenwriter
Well, I paid extra for the priority mail on the Suncoast offer and still have yet to receive it, despite being shipped on the 19th, as they claim. When I called their 800 number, they were very quick to file a "lost item" claim, and immediately refund my money, but they absolutely refused to ship out a replacement, saying I can just order it again on the website. Of course, if I order it again, it will be at the $54.99 price.

If you ask me, this is how Suncoast is "honoring" their pricing mistake. They'll charge everyone, ship nothing, and issue automatic refunds (but no discs) when people call to complain.

-Lyle J.P.

Patrick_S

Senior HTF Member
Lyle, That certainly is depressing news to read about.
I didn't pay from anything other then USPS shipping so perhaps it will arrive next week. I notice we both live in adjacent towns so perhaps there is still a chance it will show up. Maybe they accidentally ship yours regular mail also.

Does anyone know where Suncoast’s warehouse is located?

If the shipments don't show up, it would interesting to start a thread (I'm not certain which forum it should go in right now) to get a count of how many people this happened to. If a lot of people report back that they received the same treatment a letter to the Attorney General of the State in which they are located would certainly be in order. AGs tend to take this kind of fraud very seriously. It wouldn't help those who got this kind of treatment but perhaps it could stop it from happening again.

Before I get ahead of myself I’ll wait until the middle if next week and post an update on my order.

Patrick_S

Senior HTF Member
I just wanted to add, after reading Lyle's post I ran down to CC and picked up the 2-Disc set (price matching K-Mart's $14.99 price) as a safety just in case the worst happens.

If the 3-Disc set arrives I’ll just give the 2-Disc set away as a gift.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
I don't think the Musicland Group is trying to renege on the deal. Others have reported receiving their orders, and I received mine this past week. I think those who are not receiving them have some legitimate delays for reasons other than the Musicland Group. My results:
  • Ordered using Standard USPS shipping ($2.99 + $22.94 = $25.93 total).
  • Received "shipping notification" email on 10/19.
  • Received the Gift Set package on 10/24.
  • Package shipped from Musicland in Franklin, Indiana.
I'm very happy with the set. Sorry to hear about those experiencing delays, but I don't think it's due to any nefarious behavior on the part of Musicland Group.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
I got my Suncoast 3-disc "mistake price" set, and so did 3 of my co-workers. I sure hope you get yours, man.
Get a supervisor on the phone and scream at them to replace it at no cost to you. The shipper they used should reimburse them for the value of the replacement.
Get loud and obnoxious, and continue to call until they can't stand it any more. You'll get your way. :D

Seth Paxton

Senior HTF Member
I got my email (shipping) confirmation overnight last night...I too went with the 7-14 day shipping option (Media Mail).
No sign yet still. Website is "processing" still.
I also ordered on the 15th. Luckily I wasn't dying to get this title. I love the film but I just watched the LD a few months ago.
Now if this was FOTR:EE heads would roll. ;)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I just got my ET SE box in the mail today. The invoice said they charged me $24.24. I can't believe how heavy the box was, I thought they sent me two of them when I lifted the package off my doorsteps.

Joe Fisher

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joseph E Fisher
A question for all that ordered from Kmart for $24.99

Ordered my " ET Ultimate Gift Set" on the 15th as most of us did. Order still shows as processing on my order status. Checked with my bank & no charges or holds in the amount of $30.02 from Kmart are on the card.

At what point do I get impatient. I'm thinking give it another week and put there feet to the fire. But on the other hand I don't want to damage anyone else's chances to get their set at the $24.99 price by raising a big enough stink over this.

How many others here that ordered on the 15th are still waiting for their order to be processed.

What course of action should I take for now. If any?

Waiting and getting very impatient--Joe

Adam_WM

Screenwriter
Real Name
Adam Moreau
I'm still waiting. As near as I can tell, there is no system whatsoever to how they fill orders. Some who have ordered after me on the 15th have already received theirs. Others, like myself, are sitll waiting. Apparently, some CSR's have said, they are waiting for more to come in. I guess we wait. I too have given up with customer service at least for another week.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks