What's new

Anyone still want the 3-Disc E.T. for just $24.99? (1 Viewer)

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Yes, it's confirmed that you can get the 1982 version of ET on the cheaper 2-disc version release.
And that release will be available somewhere (forum rules prohibit me from saying) for $14.99 on the street date (10/22). It's a place where a LOT of loss leaders have occurred lately, I can tell you.
But if you still want the 3-Disc "Ultimate Gift Set" cheap (even if we don't know what the 3rd disc will have that's not on the 2-disc set!), and regret missing the Suncoast/MediaPlay/OnCue/SamGoody mistake several months ago, then click Link Removed! K-Mart.com shows it for just $24.99 right now! :eek:
Just letting y'all know!! :)

Qui-Gon John

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Co
Thanks David.

Hey, I don't get why the forum rules don't allow you to tell us where we can get certain bargains and such, but not prohibit others. It's not like your giving out info on piracy or bootlegging.

Matt Stryker

Screenwriter
Real Name
Matt
Thanks David. Your link had some sort of session ID in it, but if you got to K-mart.com and search for E.T. , you'll see the set pop up. My total came to $29 with the tax and shipping via Media Mail.

There is also a coupon code for K-Mart that gets you 3% off, about $0.75 worth. Makes the deal even better. As if 58% off MSRP wasn't good enough.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Specifically, forum rules are that I'm not supposed to say where deals are going to be until the same week as the street date. So on the Roundup I post on 10/20, the details will be revealed.
I might have let it slip in another post; if so it was a rumor at the time and not confirmed. At this time I expect a scan of the ad is on its way to my mailbox! :D

John Berggren

Senior HTF Member
Now I need to decide if I should order from K-mart as well as Suncoast to avoid the possibility of a cancellation from one or the other.

What do you think, David?

GlennH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Glenn
There is also a coupon code for K-Mart that gets you 3% off, about $0.75 worth. Makes the deal even better.
And that 3% discount coupon code at Kmart.com is:
BW_KMART3
I wonder if Kmart.com will honor this obvious misprice? I gave it a try. Otherwise I'll be getting the 2-disc set at the cheapest B&M next week. The only problem is that Kmart.com will ship via Media Mail, so I may not have the set in hand early enough to know. Well, I may just get the 2-disc set anyway and sell one or the other later. Shouldn't be too hard since it will go OOP after this year.

Robert_eb

Supporting Actor

I doubt it's a misprice. Universal probably realized that they have not had many preorders or a lot of the preorders were cancelled due to the news that the two disc set will include the original version of the film. They probably have a boatload of these "Ultimate Collector's Gift Sets" and were worried they wouldn't sell so they dumped them off to Kmart.

That's just my theory.

Matt Stryker

Screenwriter
Real Name
Matt
The only problem is that Kmart.com will ship via Media Mail, so I may not have the set in hand early enough to know.
You can check on KMart.com to see if the order has shipped or not, so that should be somewhat reassuring. The UPC of the Kmart item matches what other sites are listing for the 3-disc, so the only options should be for KMart to ship, or to cancel the orders. If they try to sub in the 2-disc, I will promptly return it.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Now I need to decide if I should order from K-mart as well as Suncoast to avoid the possibility of a cancellation from one or the other.

What do you think, David?
Mmmm...good question. I think Suncoast will honor the deal, if you still show a "backordered" status as of today. If not, do K-Mart just as an insurance policy. It's a good precaution.

I think I will just stick with the Suncoast deal, and if something happens to it I'll just get the $14.99 price on the 2-disc set when it hits store shelves. I'm down with that.

In fact, at these prices, I may get both the 2- and 3-disc set just to have 'em! If nothing else, one might make a cool Christmas gift for somebody.

PaulP

Senior HTF Member
I just pre-ordered this from K-Mart myself, cancelling my Amazon order.
One thing bothers me: K-Mart order status shows this:
Item #: 875910
Description: DVD COLOR: One Color
Just what the hell is this? I plug in the item number in their "search by item number" and it just dumps me onto the main page... :confused:

PaulP

Senior HTF Member
Just received my K-Mart confirmation e-mail. Looks okay, but gives a new item number: 025192226021. This gives an error, when searching by number: "We are having trouble locating a match for your search"...

Very weird.

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Oh man, very very tempting. But I'm not a big enough fan of the film I decided (and my pocketbook has been heating up recently w/ all these good discs coming out). I'll just wait for the loss leader 2 disc.

I do want to wish the rest of you luck in that KMart honors their posted price!

JamesY

Stunt Coordinator
Paul, I also got that new item number. I still hope that they'll honor it though. If not, no big deal, I'll probably be happy with the 2-disc set then.
Thanks again David, you are tha man.....:cool:

Derek Miner

Screenwriter
I too have taken the KMart bait... I screen-capped the search which clearly shows the picture of the gift set, and also the ordering page which shows the gift set, price AND the number of discs as 3. Let's see them try to claim it's wrong.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks