Anyone still have an Signet in their inventory?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Jeffrey_Jones, Nov 8, 2001.

1. Jeffrey_Jones

Jeffrey_Jones Second Unit

Hello,
    Has anyone seen any Signet speakers at their local A/V stores or know of anyone with a Signet center channel speaker for sale?
    I have a pair of SL 280s and a pair of SL 260s but I'm using an Infiniti Kappa center channel...not the best match. Not terrible, but it could be a lot better.
    I wish the company hadn't gone out of business!
    Thanks,
    Jeff

2. TadB

TadB Auditioning

Here are a couple of former dealers that had remaining stock @ one time- Stereo HiFi Center Torrance, Calif. and Evolution Audio, Agoura Hills, Calif. I have VL-252's and a VL266 both in high gloss black that I love! Unfortunately I was too late to get the bi-rad speakers for my rears [​IMG]. I am considering purchasing a pair of SL260's to use as mains and run my VL252's in the rear, but I think the sonic characteristics of the SL260's is very different than the VL series as the VL have a soft-dome tweeter (which I personally prefer) and the 260's have the metal-dome. I couldn't agree with you more though, that Signet speakers were wonderful and I know I would have to spend a great deal of $ to find sound quality close to what I achieve with my VL252's. Happy listening!

3. MikeH1

MikeH1 Screenwriter

I would do a little poking around to see if this company just changed their name. I have seen them do this a couple times already. Back in the early nineties they were Audiosphere Audio Research Corp and made the likes of Acoustic Profiles, Audiosphere Research (Vivid), Clements, Signet and I'm sure more. (sound & vision, audio video preview 1994 and 1996).
    Sometime between 1996 and 1999 they did a name change to Audiosphere Technologies Corporation and came out with such as Abstract Acoustics, Acoustic Profiles, Dahlquist, Design Acoustics and Signet.(Audio Ideas Guide A/V almanac 1999)
    looking through 2001 almanac I cannot seem to locate them, it looks as though you were right with them being out of business. However, they could pop back up under different names. And if not, if you see a Dahlquist center kicking around, it might be a close thing to a signet. Good Luck!
    ------------------
    you lose it here and your in a world of hurt...