What's new

Anyone shop at "Magnolia Hi Fi"? (1 Viewer)

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
hi all -
there's a new a/v store in town called magnolia hi-fi.
http://magnoliahifi.com/
they appear to have some decent stuff, but i'm unfamiliar with them.
i was wondering if anyone has heard of or shopped there and if so...how was the experience?
thx,
ted

Andy L

Stunt Coordinator
They are a respected chain based in Seattle that carries quite a wide selection of equipment covering a wide price range. Their employees tend to be very knowledgable and quite willing to help with little evidence of pressure sales tactics.

I have purchased many items from them and they are always high on my shopping list when I am looking.

Danny Tse

Senior HTF Member
They opened a store in Colma, California several months back. I purchased some inexpensive Audioquest cables from them. Very knowledgable sales staff....much better decor than the typical Circuit City and Good Guys.

Heard they were owned by The Best Buy.

EricCr

Stunt Coordinator
They are now owned by Best Buy but have been in the Seattle area for something like 20 years. They can be a bit high on price but they do know what they are talking about.

jeff lam

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jeff Lam
I just interviewed with them for a sales job. They wanted someone with retail sales experience. Most of the sales guys are very knowledgeable and know their products. They have excellent customer service and they carry a wide range of gear from low to mid-fi gear like standard sony products as well as bose (which nobody ever recommends there) to higher end stuff like Krell. They have great set-ups in their stores. I have had nothing but good experiences from them which is why I wanted to work there.

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
jeff - did they mention if they were commission based?

i wouldn't mind having a part-time job at a place like that, but i'm tired of working in a commission environment (worked at cc and gg for a few years).

jeff lam

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jeff Lam
They are commission but they make a heck of a lot more than GG and CC sales. The Snata Clara store manager told me his lowest guy will make over 50K this year and his highest guy will make over six figures.

Most of their guys are FT though.

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
thanks jeff -
hmm...100k to play with and sell hi-fi gear. i guess i could live with that. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks