What's new

anyone set off some fireworks? (1 Viewer)

Philip_G

Senior HTF Member
the ONE thing I love about ND, pretty much anything is legal. Just down the road from me are 3 fireworks stands, all of them open 24 hours a day this week.
Picked up some morters, a few kinds of roman candles, some of those missile battery things, bottle rockets, and a little of everything that goes boom, flash, or flies :D People just head out of town on a 2 lane road and pull off on a gravel county road and set off their stuff, without worry about the sherif or cops coming to bother them (at least I've never seen or heard of anyone getting in trouble) Most fun I've had for $30 in a LONG time :)

Travis Olson

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Travis Olson
I went out to Generous Jerry's in Grand Forks yesterday and picked up some stuff. I like the grab bags they have. You get a nice variety for not much money. They are illegal over here in MN, but the cops don't seem to care either way. Too bad it was shit weather yesterday, though it didn't stop me from lighting the stuff off.

Philip_G

Senior HTF Member
hehe which generous jerry's?
I didn't know you lived in the area.
when i was there last night the packages were 50% off

KyleS

Screenwriter
Just our local neighborhood block party ;)
Actually we are pretty lax compared to the street below us on the hill who set off many kinds of mortars M80's etc. Give us a great show since all of them are illegal here in Oregon.
KyleS

Nathan*W

Screenwriter
Real Name
Nathan
I did. Last year on my annual trek to Florida, I stopped at "South of the Border" and picked up MANY illegal fireworks. :D It was very gratifying having my family clap when I set them off.

Philip_G

Senior HTF Member
everything is illegal in Oregon, I liked living there, hated the regulations. I honestly think I need a permit to whiz in the forest out there.

KyleK

Second Unit
Yeah, Oregons laws suck for fireworks, everything has to be super-ultra-safe, but you don't need a special license to drive a mammoth Winnebago, never figured that one out. :)
No seriously, I love living in Oregon.

Philip_G

Senior HTF Member
Ah that's the one I went to, it's out on south washington, I don't know the highway name. I live not too far from there in the ghetto.

Sarah S

Second Unit
We did...even though it is kind of illeagal. I figued the Pierce County Sherrif who lives down the block from us couldn't call us in, since his kids shoot off fireworks from the time they get out of school in June to August. :D

Ron-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron
Well, considering that EVERYTHING is illegal here in HB, CA. I lit off Roman Candles, Mortars, M-80's Bottle Rockets and a ton of safe-n-sane stuff. It was a blast and no Fire Department showed up this time, unlike last year when they came by and busted us, twice. Of course, we still lit off more after they left:emoji_thumbsup:
Peace Out~:D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks