Anyone seen these stands?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Chris Kane, Mar 20, 2003.

1. Chris Kane

Chris Kane Extra

I've busted my budget (just as I figured I would) so I'm on the hunt for reasonably priced speaker stands. Has anyone seen these stands? Impressions?

parts express part number 240-744

Does anyone know of a better product for this price range? I don't want to spend more than $200 per pair.

Thanks,

Chris

2. ChadLB

ChadLB Screenwriter

Wouldn't it be easier to make your own. You could make them exactly like the parts express ones if you wanted to. It would be alot cheaper..just a thought.

3. ChrisHeflen

ChrisHeflen Supporting Actor

Those stands look great. IMHO
    As long as they will put your speaker at the right listening height then you should be fine. (Usually that is at ear height when your seated). It also looks like you can fill them which I would most definitely do. They also have spikes which will help you couple them to the floor.

Check out this link to Audio Advisor this will give you an idea about what's out there. I would definitely shop around though if you find something on there you like 'cause they are full list price people. http://www.audioadvisor.com/store/ca...&CategoryID=55

4. Chris Kane

Chris Kane Extra

Chris,

Thanks for the link. If I go with these stands I'm going to call to confirm that they can be filled.

Chad,

Since I'm currently amassing info in preparation for making my own cables, I don't want to take on another project. If I had more time I certainly would.

Chris

5. Matt_VA

Matt_VA Auditioning

Here is another option for a fairly inexpensive pair of stands. This is what I recently purchased for my theater. they seem to work good, and these can be filled.

http://www.btech-usa.com/bt606.html

6. Victor Chan

Victor Chan Stunt Coordinator

7. Chriss M

Chriss M Second Unit

The problem i had with the parts express stands was the top plate was actually too big for some speakers. When i had Paradigm studio 40's, you could see about 1/2" of the plate on each side of the speaker while it was sitting on the stand. Personally, i thought this looked horrible. They were good stands, but you might want to measure the width of your speaker cabinets first.

I'm now using Sound Oraganisation Z522's. They are about $150 a pair. http://www.soundorganisation.net

8. Chris Kane

Chris Kane Extra

Victor,

Thanks for the link. It's always helpful to read a review!

Chriss,

Glad to hear from someone who has owned these. The larger top plate is actually good for me as the speakers (M&K S-150) have a rather large footprint.

Questions - the review supplied by Victor indicates that the speakers are black. However, the parts express photo makes them look gray. What color are they? Also, did they come with rubber feet or something to protect hardwood floors?

Chris