What's new

Anyone seen the new Hitachi 53 or 57uwx20b? Reviews? (1 Viewer)

Peter Hunt

Stunt Coordinator
Howdy. Well as the thread asks has anyone seen the entry level new 16x9 Hitachi sets? I've been holding off until the new Sony and Hits with DVI came out and am anxiously awaiting them in Canada. Any thoughts/reviews?

Thank, Peter

P.S. I just moved and sold my 32" Wega and am now watching a 21" from 4 more back then the old set. Doing insane. ACK!

Peter Hunt

Stunt Coordinator
I know you're all holding out on me! I know you're all sitting at home watching your new Hitachi's with a smug look on your faces. Damn you! Damn you all!

Hehe. Man I'm anxious to get a TV.

Peter

Peter Hunt

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks Doug. It's for the TWX... Which to be honest I havn't heard of. There's the XWX, SWX and the UWX being the lowest poor man version of the new units. I'll go take a look, thanks!

I hadn't been on that site... Another place to get feedback... This is a good and bad thing as I'll drive myself insane until I have something i my living room. hehe

Ken Stokes

Agent
Peter, The TWX is just a dressed up SWX, no hardware improvement. From everything I have seen the SWX is a great set. The only thing I'm waiting for is the XWX, I'll probably still get the SWX just want to be sure before I do.

Ken

Peter Hunt

Stunt Coordinator
http://news.cnet.com/investor/news/n...9981112-0.html
is where I've gotten all my Hitachi specs on the new sets, they never listed the TWX, oh well. I'm planning to go for the UXW as the MSRP for the SWX is $1000 more in Canada and I'd REALLY have to justify the extra cash. What are the main incentives for going up the extra step? Anti-reflection, simple remote, the AV Network and Hybrid Wide-Neck CRTs?
I just bought my first home and moved in July 1st so not exactly rolling in the extra csh here, but what makes getting a UWX unacceptable to you compared to the next step up SWX?
Thanks
P.S. just looked at the SWX. I'll give ya that it looks nicer then the UWX case wise too ;)

tushar_S

Auditioning
P.S. just looked at the SWX. I'll give ya that it looks nicer then the UWX case wise too
Hey Peter,

Where did you see the SWX in Toronto? I was searching for stores this weekend to look at SWX/UWX, but couldn't find any?

Did you compare the SWX/UWX 20B with the 10B and found any difference?

I am in the same boat as you, waiting for the new SONY / Hits, hoping to be rolled out in the next month or so.

Thanks

Peter Hunt

Stunt Coordinator
Hi Tushar,

When I said "I just looked at the..." I just meant specs wise online. However yesterday I saw the UWX and the SWX in Barrie of all places. I was up visiting a friend and was killing time and walked into a HiFi2000 and asked halk heartedly, "Do you have the new Hitachi 51uwx20b by chance?" and waited for them to say no we don't. Well they had just gotten them in the store on Friday. Sometimes smaller shops get new items first as they have to worry about getting a set in 2 stores vs 50 chain stores at the same time.

I didn't look really hard at the new models but they did look pretty good to me out of the box. I wasn't going to buy it there as I was just visiting the city from Toronto so I didn't tweak and play around with it too much. I think I'll probably get that set, hopefully in the next week once it appears in The Bay and after I can bring my own reference DVDs and cables to test it out.

The UWX was coming off a SVHS feed while the SWX had the same source via components. My fist impression to "me" the UXW looked pretty good even on an S feed so I probably won't fork the other $900 out for the SWX. Also fyi the sales guy I was talking to said the markup on the Hits is pretty low this year so I don't know how much they'll move. That was promopted when I was looking at their sign saying $3500 financed or $3370 cash. The Bay would have their standard 10% so $3150 once they have it in stock.

Good luck.

neil h

Auditioning
hi i have a 53 inch uwx widescreen .i love the tv,of course there are much better out there but i found the picture much crisper than the sony or the panisonic,newer models are out there but i don`t regret my hitachi

Steve Schaffer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Schaffer
I bought last year's 53UWX10B to replace an analog Hitachi Ultravision that I loved. After 2 weeks I was so frustrated with it that I decided to return for a refund.

While in the store I saw the Sony and decided to swap for it instead of getting a refund. After 20 minutes I knew I had a "keeper".

If you really want an Hitachi, I'd definitely go for the SWX, otherwise if you can get a Sony for about the same price as a UWX, I think it would be a better choice.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation636
Recent bookmarks