What's new

Anyone seen the new Fritz Lang Discs? (1 Viewer)

Derek Estes

Stunt Coordinator
I'm wondering if anyone has seen the new Fritz Lang discs that Kino put out this week? I haven't received mine yet and I am dying to find out. I know that Kino can be kind of hit or miss (many times that may be due to their material, I don't know). Such a big week for epic releases, with GWTW and all.

TomDaniel

Auditioning
Hi-

I have Woman In The Moon at the moment. Still waiting on Spies. Moon has a good NTSC transfer for a change, is fairly grainy, but on the whole, the source material used is remarkably good. Lots of good detail. The intertitles are kind of rainbowy sometimes. It's on the DVD at sound speed (24fps), but is still encoded as Interlaced, which is about par for the course for Kino. I wish at some point that they'd switch to Progressive encoding when possible. I'm looking forward even more to getting a look at Spies, which is the better film.

I'm sure you'll be pleased with the quality of the 2 DVDs.

Derek Estes

Stunt Coordinator
Thank you Tom,
I am really looking forward to watching Spies. I saw it a few years ago on VHS, it was the truncated 90min version, and I loved it! I have been waiting ever since to see the extended version. The same goes for Die Niebulungen, I have only seen the 90min version of Siegfried. I'm glad I held out on buying that and Metropolis, because the boxed set was so reasonably priced online. Thank you for the input.

Jasoda

Auditioning
I actually saw Woman in the Moon at the Paramount in Seattle. The house organist played the score which made the movie for me. I looked everywhere locally for the disc but came up empty. Ended up ordering it online. The waiting beings.....

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
Ooh, there's a new DVD of Spione? I saw that a couple years back at the Harvard Film Archive and enjoyed it quite a bit. Mayb have to put that on my wish-list.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks