What's new

Anyone seen the movie "Clue?" (1 Viewer)

Lynda-Marie

Supporting Actor
Love it, love it, love it!! Mainly for Tim.

I thought Colonel Mustard had a reasonable question, since most regular folks who do not have servants would not know exactly what the term "butler" meant.

Colonel Mustard: What do you do?
Wadsworth: I buttle, sir.

The alternate endings were available on the VHS, as well, and I remember getting into discussions with other friends as to which was the correct one, and how it was possible for so and so to commit which murder.

Another movie with Tim Curry that I would like to see is Pass the Ammo, where Tim plays a crooked TV evangelist. They had just finished filming this movie, and three days later the Jim and Tammy Bakker scandal hit, and they ended up making it a straight to video release only.

Ernest Rister

Senior HTF Member
"The alternate endings were available on the VHS, as well, and I remember getting into discussions with other friends as to which was the correct one, and how it was possible for so and so to commit which murder."

There was no "correct" one -- just ending A, ending B and ending C. Theaters had to advertise which ending they were showing at which time...a pain in the ass, to be sure, which certainly helped Clue beat a hasty retreat from theaters.

Alex Spindler

Senior HTF Member
Clue is one of my favorite comedies, largely because of the great cast and good comic timing.

I am rather amazed at the dislike of the film, but different opinions and all that.

Nate Anderson

Screenwriter
"Let us in! Let us in!"
"Let us out! Let us Out!"

A very funny movie with a top notch comedic cast, a farce that actually works for me, which is a rare feat indeed.

Matt Czyz

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Matt Czyz
I've managed to laugh out loud every single time Wadsworth turns on the shower in the dark. I can't help it. And Colleen Camp (present day) looks almost nothing like Colleen Camp (circa 1985). I didn't even recognize her as Reese's mom in Election.

Anthony Clifton

Stunt Coordinator
I love this movie. Taped it off of HBO or some other pay channel a long time ago and just about wore the tape out.

Never picked up the DVD because it was one of those expensive ($24.99? $29.99? something like that) early Paramount releases. I see it now lists for about $12 so I'll definitely have to pick it up one of these days.

Sean Laughter

Screenwriter
Furthermore, this movie boasts the only "joke" that I have yet to figure out the reason it's so funny.

Of course, I'm referring to the previously mentioned Mrs. White's "flames, on the side of my face" speech. I just burst out laughing everytime I just HEAR or even THINK about it, but I can't verbalise why it's so funny!! I just find it odd. :D

tyler payne

Second Unit
Real Name
tyler payne
White -I Don't think he liked me very much he threatened to kill me in public.

Scarlet - Why would he want to kill you in public?

Wadsworth - I think she meant he threatened, in public, to kill her.
----------------------------

White - Ohh my.

Scarlet - Nobody can get into that position.

Plum - Sure they can, let me show you. (Grabs her leg)

Scarlet - Get Off Me!
----------------------------

Mustard - Do You like Kippling Ms. Scarlet?

Scarlet - Sure, I'll eat anything.

Man, I could go on for days quote-ing this movie. One of my all time faves. Not a great movie, maybe not even a good movie, but damn funny to watch. I watched it last week and it has aged well. A lot of 80's comedies seem very dated when you watch them now, but this one still feels very fresh. Of course I am biased.

Beau

Supporting Actor
"Why would someone want to kill the cook?"
"Dinner wasn't that bad."

"This is WAR Peacock! You can't make an omlet without breaking eggs, any cook will tell you that!"
"But look what happened to the cook!!!!"

"Uh, is there a little girl's room in the hall?"
"Oui, oui, madame"
"No, I just have to powder my nose."

"But this is ridiculous. If he were such a patriotic American, why didn't he just report us to the authorities?"
"He decided to put his information to good use and make a little money off of it. What could be more American than that?"

:D

Jeremy Allin

Supporting Actor
I love this movie, it's in my top 5 of all time. A good one to just sit back and enjoy.

Motorist: "So, where is it?"
Wadsworth: "What, the body?"
Motorist: "No, the phone...what body!?"
Wadsworth: "Uh, there no body! Nobody! There's nobody in the study."
Everyone Else: "NO!"

:D

Scott Weinberg

Senior HTF Member
Put me in the Clue fan club too. I haven't seen it in several years, but it was a VHS favorite of my pals and I for quite some time.

Clue was actually the debut feature from a director that I've really grown to admire. Following Clue, Jonathan Lynn directed Nuns on the Run (1990), My Cousin Vinny (1992), The Distinguished Gentleman (1992), Greedy (1994), Sgt. Bilko (1996), Trial and Error (1997) and The Whole Nine Yards (2000). His most recent effort stands as the only movie he's directed that I actively disliked, and that was The Fighting Temptations.

The guy's got a real knack for broad, screwball comedy. Fans of Clue should be sure to check out Greedy!

MatthewLouwrens

Senior HTF Member
I didn't realise Jonathan Lynn directed this film. I've not thought much of his film directing career, but I still like the guy just for co-writing the great BBC comedy Yes Minister.

But I do like Clue. Been a few years since I saw it, but just reading this thread has me remembering just how great it was.

Cluefan6

Auditioning
Real Name
Spencer
Hi All.

Newby here. :)

I am happy to see so many people that love this movie.

It is my favorite movie, ever. I also Collect Clue items.

I just wish Paramount would realize that there are fans to this movie and we would love a Special Edition DVD.

The 4th ending, bloopers (histerical!), deleted scenes, and even Commentaries by Jonathan Lynn and some of the cast.

What do you guys think? Every movie has a SE DVD, except this.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Every movie except Remo Williams, but yeah. Clue is cool. Colleen Camp in her maid's outfit and Kelly Preston in Mischief helped me discover my special purpose. :)

Joel...Lane

Second Unit
Real Name
Joel
Love this movie.

This movie reminded me...just a little bit of High Spirits. Not nearly as good a movie but I did enjoy it.

Haven't seen either in years though.

Douglas Monce

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Douglas Monce
The production design is brilliant. I'd love to rent a house like that for Halloween. Very funny cast. Its a shame they never got them all back together for another wacky film in the same vein. Tim Curry "explaining it all" at the end is a riot.

Does anyone else remember when this was in the theater? You got a different ending depending on what theater you went too.

Doug

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks