Anyone seen RCA HDLP50W151 50" DLP set yet?

Discussion in 'Displays' started by Stephen Hopkins, Sep 27, 2003.

1. Stephen Hopkins

Stephen Hopkins HW Reviewer
    HW Reviewer

Has anyone seen the new RCA HDLP50W151 DLP rear-projection set yet? It looks very promising, w/ a built in ATSC tuner and the DLP/Projection section being designed by InFocus along w/ the TI HD2 chip. It's list price is $4000, but w/ the new Hitachi Ultravision 50" LCD rear-projection set coming in at $3300 and less street, i'm guessing the RCA will have to hit the street at under $3000.

I currently have an RCA D52W20 52" widescreen HD set and it's great (regardless of RCA/Thompson's poor track record). The built-in web-browser is a feature i also find interesting and it's part of the current RCA Scenium line that I wish my set had (non-scenium). If this set lives up to what it seems to be on paper it may be a great segway into true digital (non-CRT) television.

Here's a link to some info

2. Stephen Hopkins

HW Reviewer

anyone?

3. Parker Clack

Parker Clack Schizophrenic Man

Parker
    Stephen:

I haven't seen it yet either and would like to know if anyone has yet. It may be too new for anyone to have reviewed it yet.

Parker

4. Alton.M

Alton.M Agent

I just talked to the Rca rep today. The picture on the set was stunning.what sold me was the fact that it has both a ATSC and a QAM digital HDTV tuner. so I will be able to use this set with digital cable.What I'm worrying about is the TV's Quality, considering RCA's track record. I'm considering purchasing this set myself[​IMG]

5. Stephen Hopkins

HW Reviewer

Any word on street price? It'll have to be under $3k to compete w/ the LCD offerings from Hitachi and Panasonic.

6. Alton.M

Alton.M Agent

The cheapest place I see this set is at TV Autority, for $3,045. You might want to check their web site.

7. Stephen Tu

Stephen Tu Screenwriter

8. Alton.M

Alton.M Agent

The picture is still the best I've see out there, without going plasma of course. If RCA is stepping up like this, I can't imagine what their future set will look like.