What's new

Anyone seen Monster's new power conditioners?? (1 Viewer)

JoshS

Stunt Coordinator
Hi,

When I bought my Sony '333es the salesman showed me a new line of Monster's power conditioners. He said they were designed by the guy who designed MIT's high end power conditioners. The new models were very slick looking, but appearance isn't everything.

The salesman told me that good power conditioning was essential for digital sources.

I already have a Monster 1500(??) power strip, he said the 3600 ($499.00) would make a big difference.

Does anybody have any experience with these products?

Would the upgrade really make that much of a difference?

Thanks,

Josh

Kevin. W

Screenwriter
If you already have a power strip then I would spend the money on an electrician to run a dedicated line.

Kevin

JoshS

Stunt Coordinator
Kevin,
Thanks for the reply. I have thought about this but I rent my house, we plan on buying a new home in about 2 years. So till that happens I dont't want to modify something that isn't mine.
It would be easy to do since my dad's an electrician.:)
I know questions and discusions about power conditioning have been numerous in the past few months but I'd like to know if anyone has bought one these new units and their thoughts on it.
Thanks,
Josh

AjayM

Screenwriter
Well, I have one of the cheaper conditioners that Monster sells (the 2500) and I didn't hear much of a difference, but I did see some improvement in the cable signal (cleaned up the noise in the picture on the lower channels).

I'd agree with running a new power line to power your gear (or maybe a couple), but that doesn't help you if you have "dirty" power lines, now the question if you do or not is really the question as to if you'll see/hear any kind of improvement, I imagine if you have some line noise that the conditioner will give you some improvements, but make sure you can return it if you don't like it.

I tell you the one thing I'm kind of intrigued with is the new Monster voltage stabilizer, again I'm assuming this will only really help you if you have some power spikes/sags, but after reading the review in one of this months home theater rags evidently there was some at his place (and this product helped his system out). One day I'll have to give it a try and see what it does for me.

Andrew

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks