Anyone seen B&W's site lately?

Discussion in 'Speakers' started by Paul Chalk, Aug 31, 2003.

1. Paul Chalk

Paul Chalk Stunt Coordinator

It's currently being updated. B&W is in the process of adding info on some new speakers.

There's a new line between the Nautilus and the CDM's called the 700 Series. There's also a new dipole speaker being introduced in the 600 Series called the DS6 S3. [​IMG]

I was going to buy some 601's for surround duty in my theatre, but I think I'll wait for the new DS6's. [​IMG]

2. Mike_Jo

Mike_Jo Agent

I think the 700 will replace the CDM

3. jeff_coil

jeff_coil Stunt Coordinator

I had heard that the CDM's were going to be replaced this fall I guess it was true. I would be interested in the "whats improved" story. But I must say I think the 9nt's still look better than the 703's

4. Mark C.

Mark C. Supporting Actor

It may be that the CM series may also go by the wayside, since I was told by my B&W dealer that the CMs were created to soothe the WAF. It seems that many women objected to the CDM design, and B&W dealers pressured the company to come up with a more traditional look in the CM price range. I don't know if that's true or not (my wife loved the styling of our old CDM SEs), but it would make some sense. However, it did seem that B&W was floundering with too many product lines jammed in the $1,000-$2,000 range.
    Maybe now with the new series, B&W will merely drop the letters and stick with numbers: 300, 600, 700, 800 etc.

Speaking of numbers, I'm guessing $1,300 for a pair of 705s, up to $2,700 for the 703s???

5. Ferdinand*T

Ferdinand*T Second Unit

Have they announced when the new DS6's will be released and how much there going to cost? I just wish it came it black.

6. Paul Chalk

Bah, I just read the specs for the new DS6. It can be switched from dipole to monopole, however the tweeter is only used in monopole mode, not dipole. [​IMG]

Looks like I'll be doing what my dealer suggested a while back; making makeshift dipoles. Buy two pairs of 600's and position them back to back, toed slightly outwards, wire them in parallel to the amp and wire the speaker closest to the back of the room out of phase.

7. James~P

James~P Stunt Coordinator

can you provide a URL for the dipole speakers?

8. Chip E

Chip E Screenwriter

9. Paul Chalk