What's new

Anyone Seeing This on Bridge on the River Kwai 4K? (1 Viewer)

McHugh

Agent
Real Name
Soon Louis
A few weeks ago I purchased a Sony 75X900E HDR 4K television and a Samsung UBD-M9500 HDR 4K player. I also bought 4K HDR Planet Earth II, and 4K HDR The Bridge on the River Kwai. Yesterday I picked up 4K HDR Dunkirk. Planet Earth and Dunkirk look amazing, however for Kwai I am getting a white band at the bottom of the screen. I actually took it back and picked up another another one but same thing so maybe it's either my Samsung player or Sony television. I am wondering if anyone else is getting this white band with different hardware? Thanks.

Angelo Colombus

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Angelo Colombus
I have the Sony 55X900E and the Sony 4K player but have not hooked the player up yet. I also have Kwai, Planet Earth, and Blade Runner 4K's. Will try over the weekend to hook it up and play the movies.

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
I haven't had a chance to watch my copy yet either. Have a 65" 2016 LG OLED, and Oppo UDP-203 and Panasonic DMP-UB900 players. I'll also check out Kwai this weekend and get back to you.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
A few weeks ago I purchased a Sony 75X900E HDR 4K television and a Samsung UBD-M9500 HDR 4K player. I also bought 4K HDR Planet Earth II, and 4K HDR The Bridge on the River Kwai. Yesterday I picked up 4K HDR Dunkirk. Planet Earth and Dunkirk look amazing, however for Kwai I am getting a white band at the bottom of the screen. I actually took it back and picked up another another one but same thing so maybe it's either my Samsung player or Sony television. I am wondering if anyone else is getting this white band with different hardware? Thanks.
You have a time stamp for this white band?

Lord Dalek

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joel Henderson
If it's like a blue line with shiny spot in the middle then it does the same thing on my copy of Close Encounters of the Third Kind. Hitting the menu button made it go away.

McHugh

Agent
Real Name
Soon Louis
I have watched Kwai on my LGUH8500 65” playing on my Oppo 203. No white band.
Ok, thanks. Obviously something specific to Kwai and the Samsung player as I haven't seen this on any other 4K or blu-ray disc that I have played.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leif_sauce
Recent bookmarks