Anyone see George Lucas on Biography?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by DeathStar1, Jan 27, 2002.

1. DeathStar1

DeathStar1 Producer

Here's hoping some of those cool looking behind the scenes Star Wars bits are on the DVD in 7 years(or whenever it comes out [​IMG]). I didn't know there was anything like that still around...
    Maby there's enough documentary like footage left to put together a one hour peice like the one that was on The Phantom Menance DVD.

2. Tom-G

Tom-G Screenwriter

Yes sir, I did see the George Lucas Bio on A&E. I found it quite interesting.

There is plenty of behind-the-scenes footage from the original trilogy to put on the DVD. There is a VHS entitled From Star Wars to Jedi: The Making of a Saga that alone runs 65 minutes. I hope that it will be included on the DVDs if/when they are available.

3. StephenA

StephenA Screenwriter

I saw it too. I hope they put all those behind the secenes stuff on DVD too. I like that little animated Hoth sequence they had on the show. I also hope that they put the stuff from the CD-ROMs that talked about the SW OT on the DVDs too. I never got to see them.

4. DeathStar1

DeathStar1 Producer

I beleive the Hoth Sequence, and I apologize if this sounds really obvious, where the storyboards just 'animated' together into a moving image. Too bad this isn't done more often because I think it looks cool [​IMG].

5. Dave H

Dave H Producer

I thought the biography was excellent.

I too was thinking of material that could be used for the DVDs when we saw a lot of the Star Wars behind-the-scenes material.

6. Mark_Wilson

Mark_Wilson Screenwriter

I read the other day that he recently filmed additional footage to "re-insert into the original trilogy". Damn! I when will he stop screwing with it! I want the original on DVD.

7. Robert Dunnill

Robert Dunnill Second Unit

8. DarrenA

DarrenA Second Unit

I'm a huge George Lucas fan, and after seeing the Biography last night on A&E I'm an even bigger fan today. With that said, if George wants to go back and tweak the original trilogy of Star Wars, I doubt their is anyone that will stand in his way.
    My favorite part during the Biography show was when Lucas said after he made Star Wars he went back to Universal and made them put back in the material they cut from THX 1138 and American Graffiti. Sweet justice!![​IMG]

9. Richard Kim

Richard Kim Producer

I'm surprised that A&E didn't censor Harrison Ford's infamous quote "You can write this shit George, but you can't make me say it." [​IMG]

10. Ric Easton

Ric Easton Cinematographer

D'OH! I missed it! I was planning on watching, but I forgot all about it. Do they have any plans to repeat it soon?

-Ric

11. BradyB

BradyB Stunt Coordinator

after watching that last night I want to watch the original Trilogy so badly. But I don't think I can actually muster the will to put it into the VCR. Here's hoping that all those behind the sceens stuff will be on a DVD in the near future.

12. Dave H

Dave H Producer

I'm sure everyone who watched the biography noticed that all of the widescreen clips from the movies were from the special edition films, further reinforcing that the original movies are history.

13. Michael Taylor

Michael Taylor Stunt Coordinator

Good news for me: I kept my original THX certified Trilogy Box set.
    Bad news for me: My LaserDisc player broke down and I hocked it. That was 5 years ago and I still haven't replaced it. Anyone have an LD player they want to sell? [​IMG]

14. Tom-G

Tom-G Screenwriter

15. Bill GrandPre

Bill GrandPre Cinematographer

16. Bryan_ZZ

Bryan_ZZ Stunt Coordinator

Yes - the one thing that really stood out was the man's obvious dedication to his family. Anybody who can find enough love in their heart to welcome an adopted child into their life is alright with me![​IMG]
    He makes some great movies too[​IMG]
    Bryan

17. Greg_S_H

Greg_S_H Executive Producer

Greg

18. Gavin_L

Gavin_L Second Unit

i have to say i caught biography on him at 3 am and i could not go to sleep, it was to entertaining and cool, learning how lucas came to where he is today.

can't wait when these wonderful movies are released on dvd

19. Patrick Mirza

Patrick Mirza Supporting Actor

Neil: those animated Hoth sequences are called "animatics"... a combination of storyboarding and actual moving footage. With Return of the Jedi, they started using videotape, set mockups and Kenner action figures (and also called it "videomatics"). Now they use rough CG to do animatics.

The animated Hoth stuff can also be found on the making of ESB VHS and laserdisc...

20. Dave H

Dave H Producer

"George Lucas has never stated categorically that the theatrical versions are gone forever."

Tom,

But, Lucas hasn't stated that they aren't gone forever. And he has stated to the effect that there will be changes so all six movies blend together - which is why he claims to be waiting to release them after Episode 3.