What's new

Anyone running Paradigm studio 100s with a 49tx (1 Viewer)

BobRoulier

Second Unit
I have these speakers along with a studio cc and I am wondering if any of the 49tx users have the same combo and if anyone uses external amps for more power? I have heard the 100s are power hungry and need at least 200watts to get them to their full potential! any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

thanks Bob

Pete Jennings

Second Unit
I don't know if the 49TX has enough power or not, but I heard a pair of Studio 100's pushed by a Bryston amp a little over a year ago - WOW those babies sounded breathtaking! I believe the Bryston was 200 watts/channel. I would consider "limping along" with the 49TX until I could afford a second hand amp to push the Studio 100's. They really do deserve the full wattage.

My $.02

Pete

BobRoulier

Second Unit
Thanks Pete! I listened to Parasound 220x5 recently and fell in love with it but I also want the 49tx with all the latest features it would seem like a waste to buy both but maybe I can find a 3 channel parasound used or something cause I would like to match the center and mains I would think that would be critical! I understand Pioneer uses the same Mosfet amps that give them that warm sound. anyone know where I can find a new or used parasond 3 channel?

Thanks Bob

Pete Jennings

Second Unit
They float around here occasionally at the Hardware For Sale forum, they also show up regularly at Audiogon , and of course there's always Link Removed (search included in the eBay URL).
Good luck dude!
Pete

Gabor

Auditioning
The VSX-49TX has an option for bi-amping the front speakers. So if you are running a 5.1 setup, you can bi-amp your front speakers with two channels for each.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks