What's new

Anyone Running a 6.1 setup on a HK 7200? (1 Viewer)

Brandon D

Agent
Howdy everyone!

I'm probably going to purchase the HK 7200 and while reviewing the specs and stuff I noticed that there is not output for a "rear center" if you were to run a 6.1 setup - which I will be doing. There is only rear's and rear's a and b.

Can I run a 6.1 setup or am i confined to 5.1 or purchasing an additional speaker in order to have 7.1?

Sorry for the confusion.

John S

Senior HTF Member
I don't own that one, but my Denon 4802 sounds similar.

When running 6.1 as opposed to 7.1 my manual says to use the left back.

I believe your Rear a/b actually become you rear/sides, allowing you to run two pair of speakers, mainly for very long rooms, where there are multiple rows of seating positions.

AndrewErickson

Stunt Coordinator
If you're running 6.1, it doesn't matter if you hook your rear speaker up to the left or the right because in 6.1 they both get the same mono signal.

If you plan on running Logic 7, then you'll need two back speakers because Logic 7 processes the rears in stereo.

Jeff Leeds

Stunt Coordinator
BTW, I bought one of these at Christmas and it is one awesome receiver. Not as fancy in the displays as some others, I'm not totally thrilled with the remote, but but man this thing is built like a rock and sounds awesome.

Brandon D

Agent
I hope so....

I've been swaying back and forth on my reciever choices. I just want to make sure I'm spending my money wisely.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks