Anyone remember 'Time Rider'?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Stephen_Coghill, Nov 4, 2001.

1. Stephen_Coghill

I was going through my old VHS tapes yesterday and came upon a 80's classic, 'Time Rider: The adventures of Lyle Swann / 1983'
    For those who have no idea what I am taking about, here is a synopsis:
    Fred Ward stars in this early 1980s science fiction movie as Lyle Swann, a motorcross racer who, while traveling through Mexico on his bike, gets caught in a time warp and sent back to the 1870s. Unaware that anything has happened, Swann soon finds himself nearly out of gas and finds the nearest town. Though the locals express fear and confusion when he approaches them in his racing gear and asks where the nearest gas station is, he still doesn't realize that anything has happened. Unfortunately, he runs into a gang of criminals who not only rape and kill at will, but take him for a demon.
    This film was directed by William Dear, but 'The Monkees' Michael Nesmith wrote and produced it while also writing the soundtrack for it that contained some goofy 80's stuff, but also some cool guitar riffs as well. The female star in 'Time Rider', Belinda Bauer is also easy on the eyes in various stages of undress. [​IMG]
    Anyone else vote for this to be released on DVD???
    ------------------
    Stephen C. Coghill
    www.mp3.com/VIRTUALOGIC
    www.mp3.com/DIGITALDOMAINmusic

2. David Lambert

David Lambert Executive Producer

Dude...use the HTF's Search function. Really. I think you'll be pleasantly surprised.
    In a nutshell, it came out a few weeks ago. Best Buy sells it for $12.99; noone sells it for more than $15.99. It's apparently got a small portion of the climactic scene cut out, but Anchor Bay says that it was unavoidable because that scene could not be located in its entirety.
    ------------------
    DAVE/Memphis
    [​IMG]
    MORE TV ON DVD, PLEASE!
    Do you like TV on DVD? Then check THIS out!
    ..... http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/ .....
    [Edited last by David Lambert on November 04, 2001 at 05:48 PM]

3. Stephen_Coghill

Wow! Anchor Bay is really up on their game, huh? I did not even think that It would be remembered, much less released already! I have always put it in the same forget-able basket as 'Remo Williams: The adventure begins' which, as far as I know is NOT on DVD. Thanks for the quick reply and update to my ignorance. [​IMG]
    ------------------
    Stephen C. Coghill
    www.mp3.com/VIRTUALOGIC
    [Edited last by Stephen_Coghill on November 04, 2001 at 01:13 PM]

4. Gary W. Graley

Gary W. Graley Second Unit

Now if only we can get
    Remo Williams
    Released we'd be happy campers eh?
    G2
    ------------------
    My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with a girl who saw Ferris pass-out at 31 Flavors last night. I guess it's pretty serious……

5. John P Grosskopf

John P Grosskopf Second Unit

6. Kevin Matthews

Kevin Matthews Stunt Coordinator

Obi certainly remembers it!
    ------------------
    Kevin Matthews
    No sir....I don't like it! - M. Horse

7. Stephen_Coghill

I picked up Time Rider, and the transfer is very good. I was used to the VHS version, so the DVD was a welcome site. The 5.1 track was clear and spacious with a good use of the rear speakers. The commentary by the director was very insightful and interesting, reflecting back on the low budget of the film and how they used the sets and special effects to the fullist. The only thing I did not like, is the fact that they cut out the death of Reese, who originally gets chopped up by the rotor blades of the helicoptor that saves Swann and brings him back to the time pad. It shows Reese kinda cowering down in a fetal position and is pretty much forgotten about. I was suprised that the director did not mention anything about the missing scene. Other than that, a fun movie that looks and sounds great!!! Another thumbs up to Anchor Bay!!! [​IMG]
    ------------------
    Stephen C. Coghill
    www.mp3.com/VIRTUALOGIC