What's new

Anyone remember the movie, Electric Dreams? (1 Viewer)

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
I haven't seen this in a long time, but would chack it out if the price is right.

I'd love to have Heartbeeps!

Paul D G

Screenwriter
There's also an extended version of Together in Electric Dreams on some 80s compilation. Video was also released as a 12" w/ an instrumental version.

-paul

Mark Edward Heuck

Screenwriter
There were at least two videos released to promote the film. One was for "Together in Electric Dreams" by Phillp Oakey (of the Human League) and Giorgio Moroder, which by the time it came out was less to tie to the movie and more to the full album of material they released. The other was for "Video" by Jeff Lynne, which I recall was a rather funny video with Lynne in speeded-up footage cutting tape and being overwhelmed; it also had some amusing manipulation of the MGM lion logo during the running time.

If by miracle this movie came out, chances are slim these videos would be included, but I would be in heaven 17 if they were.

Brian McHale

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Brian McHale
I would love to get this on DVD. My favorite scene was the duet between Virginia Madsen (on the cello) and the computer, played through the airducts.

BillGo

Stunt Coordinator
The re-invigoration of Virginia Madsen's career due to her performance in "Sideways" could have some impetus in releasing some of her previous films on DVD.

Although there are many better examples of her acting "chops", why not Electric Dreams?

MikeEckman

Screenwriter
I actually ended up taking my VHS copy and captured it to my computer and burned a DVD of it. I scanned in the coverart of the VHS box and even made a somewhat professional looking menu screen for it. Its not the best, but it serves its purpose. My VHS tape apparently has held up well over the years as the resulting DVD transfer is no worse than many of the $5 bargain bin direct to video DVDs you see at WalMart or whatever. I actually saw a Laserdisc of this close on ebay just the other day for $15, so apparently it has some fans. Heres to an eventual DVD release!!

Scott Weinberg

Senior HTF Member
I remember seeing Electric Dreams AND Modern Girls at the theater! (The now-extinct AMC Leo Mall Twin on Bustleton Ave.) :D Virginia Madsen really banged out a bunch of movies in the mid-80s! (Hey, I also saw her in Creator at the same theater. Neat. And Dune, too!)

After watching the gal in over two decades' worth of, well, JUNK (Candyman notwithstanding, of course), it's really great to see her "break out" like this. I'll be pulling for the gal on Oscar Night.

But anyway, yeah. Electric Dreams is one I'd like to revisit. I remember the music like it was yesterday.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks