What's new

Anyone remember The Mothers-In-Law? (1 Viewer)

Carlos Garcia

Screenwriter
Does anyone remember this great show? It was produced by Desi Arnaz and starred Eve Arden, Kaye Ballard, and Roger C. Carmel. This show was extremely funny, but I haven't seen it in reruns in at least 25 yrs. Anyone know who owns the rights to the show today, and who we may contact to ask about a possible DVD release?

Mark To

Supporting Actor
The show seems to have slipped through the cracks and may have fallen into the public domain. It was produced by Desi Arnaz (not Desilu) and for a time was handled by UA (which subsequently became MGM and is now part of Sony) but in recent years it has been treated as a PD property, showing up on stations that purchase PD shows. A very funny series although I liked the first season with Roger C. Carmel as Roger better than the second with Richard Deacon.

GlennH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Glenn
Yes, I remember watching this show as a kid back when it first aired. I can't recall ever seeing it since.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
i enjoyed that show even though i was very young.

that link provided has a link to listen to the very jazzy,hyper theme song.
it sounds alittle like the theme from lost in space.
that was by johnny williams, MIL was wilbur hatch.

Steve Phillips

Screenwriter
The entire series ran several times over on a low power TV station in Las Vegas in 1998-99. I had never seen it before, and watched quite few episodes.

The series wasn't very good, but it was fun to see some of the actors I knew from other shows.

Claude North

Second Unit
I loved this show and I would definitely buy it on DVD. I remember pretending to be sick so I could stay home from school and watch it. IIRC, it aired on Channel 29 in Philly at 1:00 PM.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
claude that sounds about right.
i just remember that it was sometime in the early afternoon on uhf.

Claude North

Second Unit
Went to the above link. Oh, the memories! The theme song was manic, especially with the sound effects dubbed in. And the episode clip is hilarious.

This show cries out for a first-rate DVD release!

Joe Karlosi

Senior HTF Member
Yes, I remember it. The one thing that stands out most in my mind was the rock group The Seeds singing "Pushin' Too Hard".

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks