What's new

anyone remember SuperDave? (1 Viewer)

Chris Hicks

Stunt Coordinator
I just thought of this show and was wondering if anyone else liked this show?
------------------

Richard Travale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rich Travale
SuperDave was awesome when he was on Bizarre(I'm sure that was what is was called) but when he had his own show, it was just too much(IMHO).
Rich
------------------
"A) You can never go too far and B) If I'm going to get busted it is NOT going to be by a guy like DAT."
My Website

Holden Pike

Stunt Coordinator
Yup, I liked the "Super Dave" cable series quite a bit back in the day, and even going back before that to the John Byner series "Bizarre" where the character was born. Too bad the feature film from a couple years ago was so dreadful.
Super Dave Osborne is Bob Einstein, brother of Albert Brooks. He's only appeared in one of Albert's films, but it's a very funny cameo in Modern Romance as a sporting goods clerk who sells him Running attire and accessories ("Step away from the box"). Their father was comedian Harry Parke, who worked as Parkyakarkus in the '40s and '50s. He infamously died on stage - literally, on the dais at a Friar's Club Roast in 1958.

Jeff R.

Stunt Coordinator
He does have a movie out on dvd: "The Extreme Adventures of Super Dave." I didn't think it was that bad but I think is tv show was funnier. I would do anything for the chance to see those shows again.

John Berggren

Senior HTF Member
He was actually on Politically Incorrect recently discussing the merits of MTV's Jackass. He is a very interesting guy. More intelligent than his persona. His viewpoint is that he never did anything that anyone should think they can do, whereas the Jackass people are constantly pursuing "possible stunts".
Perhaps it's time for a comeback.
------------------
Rationality is not a commodity which is evenly distributed.
Save Stargate SG-1 Season 6
View SpaceDog's DVD Collection

Phil Florian

Screenwriter
Man, talk about synchronicity. I was just trying to convince some friends that a) SuperDave was real and b) was funny. They kind of remembered "a" but not enough to admit "b." Oh, well. I remember and loved his stuff. I didn't see his show as I liked his small bits on other shows. Didn't he go on Dave Letterman every once and a while? The first time I saw his stuff, he totally sold me on the "this is serious stuff" and when I saw his stunt dummy take it on the chin, I giggled and tittered.
Phil

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks