Anyone remember Love American Style?

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by Carlos Garcia, Nov 14, 2004.

1. Carlos Garcia

Carlos Garcia Screenwriter

I've been dying to watch this show again...I used to watch it all the time as a kid. Now I don't think it's even in syndication anywhere! I know Paramount has yet to release many of its best shows like The Brady Bunch and The Odd Couple, but I've always been a fan of Love American Style too. Does anyone know if there are any plans to release this show on DVD? I'd buy up every season as soon as they hit shelves!

2. Mark To

Mark To Supporting Actor

Paramount has way too much product. Yeah, its a good show but one of hundreds worthy of release in the Paramount archive. They haven't even put out shows that will sell great, like The Fugitive, Get Smart, etc.

3. Chris:L

Chris:L Supporting Actor

The only episode I've seen of Love American Style is entitled, "Love and the Happy Days", which I wish had been included in the first season fo Happy Days. Which season did the episode come from? I'll get it.

4. Burn Rourk

Burn Rourk Agent

I have fond memories of this show. I haven't given it any thought until now, but I'd probably pick it up, too.

5. Carlos Garcia

Carlos Garcia Screenwriter

Chris, Love American Style lasted 5 seasons, and the episode you're looking for was the last episode of season 3 (Episode #70 overall in the series). It was titled "Love and the Happy Days". It starred Ron Howard, Marion Ross and Anson Williams as Ritchie, Marion and Potsie. It also starred others playing the parts of Chuck (Ric Carrott), Mr. C (Harold Gould), and Joanie (Susan Neher). The episode was also written by Garry Marshall. I haven't seen that episode since it was in syndication in my area back in the late 70s/early 80s.

6. Dave Farley

Dave Farley Second Unit

TVLand aired that particular episode a while ago. In the last year, if I remember correctly.

7. Claude North

Claude North Second Unit

I loved LOVE, AMERICAN STYLE! I have very fond memories of ABC's Friday night line-up: BRADY BUNCH, PARTRIDGE FAMILY, ODD COUPLE, ROOM 222, AND L,AS. If Paramount releases it, I'd most likely end up buying it. Actually, I think all of the above-mentioned shows would make excellent DVD releases. Am I correct in assuming that they are all Paramount productions?

8. David Lambert

David Lambert Executive Producer

Partridge Family is Columbia, and should be out next year when the new remake comes along.

Brady Bunch is coming, big-time!

Odd Couple, Room 222, and L,AS are unfortunately nowhere in sight at the moment. [​IMG]