Anyone remember "Hi Honey I'm Home!"?

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by Carlos Garcia, Feb 11, 2005.

1. Carlos Garcia

Carlos Garcia Screenwriter

I was wondering if anyone remembers an original Nick At Nite show from the late 80s called "Hi Honey I'm Home". This was a pretty good show in which the leading family was a family that looked like they came from the late 50s/early 60s (Kind of like the Cleavers). They were shot in black and white, but their neighbors were set in the present and they were in color. I remember this show fondly and wish they would release this show on DVD. Anyone remember it?

2. Rhoq

Rhoq Supporting Actor

I kind of remember this show. Didn’t it also air as part of ABC’s Friday Night line-up through some sort of partnership with Nickelodeon?

3. Steve Phillips

Steve Phillips Screenwriter

I remember it, and I thought it was awful. The only thing that made it interesting at all was the gimmick of having a classic TV actor do a cameo in each episode in character. One I remember was Gale Gordon as Mr. Mooney...

4. JasonPW

JasonPW Stunt Coordinator

The first season (6 episodes?) did indeed air on ABC's TGIF lineup. I wanna say summer of '90, maybe '91?

After the initial 6-ep order, a new batch was made-but these aired only on Nick at Nite.

I LOVED this show! The boy in the "modern" house reminded me of myself...someone who has way too much time for old sitcom reruns.

Doc

5. Casey Trowbridg

Casey Trowbridg Lead Actor

Oh yes, I remember this...they were relocated as part of the sitcom relocation program.

I remember one episode where the neighbor kid came over for dinner, and they used the turnerizer to switch everything to black and white...so everything in the room was in black and white accept the neighbor kid he was still in color.

Yeah, I remember this show very well.

6. Matthew H

Matthew H Second Unit

That was a great show. I wish they'd put this out on DVD.

7. John*P

John*P Second Unit

Heh, I watched this show consistently during its run on ABC/[email protected] I remember liking it, but I'm not sure how it would hold up with me today...I'd probably check the DVDs out.

That show had a very cool theme song (IMO) which you can download from Sitcoms Online.

8. Carlos Garcia

Carlos Garcia Screenwriter

Well, they only did 12 half hour episodes, so it's not like the show couldn't be released on a complete 2 disc set...maybe even a 1 (double-sided, double layer) disc set. Seems like whoever owns the property wouldn't really have alot of work to do in releasing the show on DVD. Alot of big TV names appeared on the show, so it could be pretty well advertised using their names as "special guest stars". Here's a link to the episode guide, summary and special guests:

http://www.tvtome.com/tvtome/servlet...433/season-all