Anyone remember "Ghostwriter"

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Jason St Louis, Dec 12, 2001.

1. Jason St Louis

Jason St Louis Stunt Coordinator

Since no one remembers "You Can't do that on Televison" or "Deke Wilson's Mini Mysteries" I thought i jog the memories harder by bringing up "Ghostwriter"
    Without being cynical people? this programme was great and had a incredible premise simply because of the way it told stories and because of it's characters "Lenni", "Jamal", "Alex", "Tina", "Gaby", "Rob" and later "Hector" and lets not forget the devious "Calvin Ferguson"! The series was to educate youngers, but gathered a family audience since it had more of a drama feel to it. (As in tune in next week drama?)
    The series also had its great guest stars? Samuel L Jackson, John Goodman, Captain Lou Albano, Bo Jackson and Spike Lee. The series had alot good and bad going for it but it is a series fondly remembered today?
    According to www.jumptheshark.com some people would like to see the series on DVD! (Am i wrong in saying that)Has Ghostwriter come up before on HTF! does anyone remember this show fondly or does "Generation X" look down on early 90's shows?
    lets here some thoughts
    P.S. Trivia: I hear from www.IMDB.com that Joey Shea- Calvin Ferguson is some sort of "Financial Advisor" in New York city! Anyone from NYC getting advice from the devious one? [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. John Torrez

John Torrez Second Unit

I remember watching that show all time. I would like to see it on dvd also. Please PBS please!

3. Jason Quillen

Jason Quillen Supporting Actor

I never watched the show, but occasionally at my high school people talked about how one of the girls from that show went to a neighboring high school here in Delaware. Possiably an Asian girl? I'm not sure... it was a few years ago, and like I said I never watched it.

JQ

4. Rob Speicher

Rob Speicher Supporting Actor

I watched it all the time when it was first on. It's on like 15 times a day now on the Nickelodeon sister channel "Noggin." It's 298 on DirecTV. They even made "Ghostwriter: The New Adventures" just for the channel.

5. Jason St Louis

Jason St Louis Stunt Coordinator

Oh yeah the "Max Mouse episode!" who would have thought she'd go from that role, to that scene in "Traffic" with the drug dealer? it unbelieveable!
    Eugene Bryd from the Movie "Whiteboys" and TV series "Chriscross" was in Ghostwriter too!
    Wow hey if alot of the HTF folk go over to www.TVshows on DVD.com maybe we can all ask for it to be on DVD?
    Two questions? one, what happen to the guy who played "Jamal"-Sheldon Turnispeed? what has he done in the years after GW!
    Two, be honest people? How many of you thought Lenni secretly wanted Calvin? [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Just my dry humor[​IMG]

6. Brad Grenz

Brad Grenz Second Unit

I used to watch the show regularly on Sundays. I had trouble adjusting when they swapped Gabys, though. God, everyone on that show wrote so sloooooow! But it was pretty great for an educational series. Don't know that I'd buy DVDs though.