What's new

Anyone remember Deke Wilson's Mini Mysteries & You can't do that on Televison! (1 Viewer)

Jason St Louis

Stunt Coordinator
I remember these two shows aired on Cable and Sky TV over here in the U.K. almost ten years ago! does anyone in Canada or the U.S. remember these shows.
"You Can't Do That! On Televison" and Deke Wilson's Mini Mysteries" were quite funny when they were on? did they not air on Canada's "YTV Network"? :)
I'm doing to see if i can ask on "Gord lacey's" site www.TVshowsonDVD.com if there is a possiblity to get them on DVD in the near future?
What do the rest of HTF think of these old shows:) :) :emoji_thumbsup:

Graeme Clark

Senior HTF Member
I watched You Can't Do That On Television. It was completely stupid, but fun enough for me to watch it I guess. I certainly could live without it on DVD though.

Jason St Louis

Stunt Coordinator
But that was the point of it! Deep down things like that are quite good, at lease critics can't say the shows were stupid if they were meant to be! :)
Does anyone have anything to say about "Deke Wilson's Mini Mysteries" yet?

Gord Lacey

Senior HTF Member
Deke Wilson...that sounds familiar but I don't think I ever watched it.

Now YDKTOT I watched ALL the time. Allistar was my favorite person on there. Don't forget that Alanis also appeared on the show.

Gord

P.S. Jason, it totally freaked me out when I saw my name in your post! First time that's happened I think.

Jason St Louis

Stunt Coordinator
I suprised some people in Canada have forgotten "Deke Wilson's Mini Mysteries" i thought shows on your "YTV" were unforgetable? back in 1992-93 when i was going to college, i would get home and be tired from the long day and watch TV waiting for prime time (after 7PM)for the good movies and shows on cable. To kill time i use to watch the cartoons and see some cheesy dramas on!

Believe it or not "Deke Wilson's Mini Mysteries" aired on the U.K. Gold channel and had at least 13 or so epiosdes but no credits afterwards? during the summer holidays "You Can't Do That On Televison" came on "TCC channel" silly but funny!

As time goes on, my interests in TV shows and movies has grown larger than life! but some of the old stuff than was on is missed maybe i would not exactly buy them if they came out but, with the TV series aired today barely half of them can compete with yesterdays TV shows.

P.S. Gord Lacey i mentioned your name in my first Battlestar Galactica post remember? I going to your site soon to request some TV Shows to DVD as i have a big list? i want to ask you one question? With all the requests you get, what is your sucess rate of getting positive feedback from the Studio's or DVD development companies you maybe in touch with?

Gord Lacey

Senior HTF Member
Jason,
To answer your question about the studios....I haven't even approached them yet. I'm working on building the site and the userbase, plus with it being the holiday time right now I'm assuming their focus will be on promoting their products during the buying season. I'll be hitting them hard in the new year :) The site has only been up for a month and a half and has over 600 registered users. I'd like to get that over 1000 before approaching the studios.

Jon_B

Screenwriter
I watched You Can't Do That On Television all the time as a kid. Barf Burgers, green slime, and the firing squads all made for great tv. :)
Jon

Jason St Louis

Stunt Coordinator
I just remembered a quote from "You can't do that on Television" Les Lye character of Blip says to Alasdair,

Blip: Alasdair what have i told you about bringing food into my arcade?

Alasdair: Blip this not just food? It a "BARF BURGER!"

Blip: "No pets" either!

(Barf the bad cook! is in the far corner of the arcade)

Barf: "Iiiii..heard that ALASDAIR"

Les Lye also had a character called "Senator Lance Pervert" Imagine on a kids show some character called "Pervert" boy those 1980's shows were brave?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks