Anyone remember baby Jessica McClure?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Inspector Hammer!, Jan 1, 2003.

1. Inspector Hammer!

Inspector Hammer! Executive Producer

John Williamson
    You know, the baby that fell into the well? I heard her name come up recently during a tv show and was just wondering where she is now and what she's up to.

I saw an emotional tv movie about her some time ago and thought of starting this topic then but I never did.

2. Jay H

Jay H Producer

Jay
  3. Leila Dougan

Leila Dougan Screenwriter

4. Danny Tse

Danny Tse Producer

I remember hearing that the some of the rescue workers/paramedic involved, including that paramedic that carried "Baby Jessica" to the waiting ambulance, have committed suicide. Am I the only one who heard this?

5. Robert McDonald

Robert McDonald Stunt Coordinator

Danny, you are correct. I recently saw a special on the rescue and the paramedic could not cope with the sudden notoriety, a real tragedy.
    I also found this article: Baby Jessica It says Jessica is suffering from some bad disease.

6. Patrick Larkin

Patrick Larkin Screenwriter

wierd. why would the paramedic commit suicide? saving that little girl is reason enough to live...

7. KyleS

KyleS Screenwriter

8. Pete_S

Pete_S Stunt Coordinator

On New Year's Eve our local NBC affiliate ran a loooooong tape of what must have been a Texas station's follow-up on the story. Jessica has had 15 surgeries for her disease, she wants to sing the national album at the Super Bowl one day, etc. She obviously doesn't remember being trapped in the well, but the event still follows her around.

On the story they said that the paramedic didn't commit suicide until 1995, which was what, eight years after the rescue? It seems like most of his "sudden notoriety" would have faded long before then.

9. Jay H

Jay H Producer

Jay
    If Jessica wants people to forget about her well incident, I would think singing at a Super Bowl is not going to help!! [​IMG] You know the media will jump all over her well story if she ever does sing in the super bowl.
    Jay