What's new

Anyone remember a British comedy series ... (1 Viewer)

Hollywoodaholic

Edge of Glory?
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
... running in the 80's that featured medical students at, I believe, St. Swithens college? Shot on video. A very ribald show that was pretty outrageous (I remember one episode featuring a cadaver's leg). Scrubs definitely benefited from this show existing previously. I thought it might have been titled "Where Does It Hurt?" but that's a Peter Sellars feature. Anyone have a clue, or whether it's on DVD or not? Thanks for any assistance. I don't remember the title or much else about it (hey, it was the 80s), but I do remember vividly "harving a laff."

Corey3rd

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joe Corey
You're thinking Doctor in the House. It was done in the '70s. Someone said the DVDs for the first two seasons have been put out in England.

Charles Ellis

Senior HTF Member
That show was syndicated in the US in the early 70s, and that's when I first discovered it, though it has shown up on PBS stations.

Hollywoodaholic

Edge of Glory?
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne

Thank you very much, Joe. And since it was the 70s, that even BETTER explains why I couldn't remember the show through a smokey haze. This can now probably retire as the HTF's shortest thread.

Footnote: According to IMDB it ran 26 episodes from 1969-70, around the same time as Monty Python's Flying Circus (and another 29 episodes in 1971 as Doctor at Large). And, along with Richard Gordon, the original novelist and creator, Graham Chapman and John Cleese wrote several episodes. No wonder it hit the funny bone for me. I suppose I need to add this to the DVDs we'd like to see in region 1.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R2P
Recent bookmarks