What's new

Anyone recieve the John Waters Bonus DVD? (1 Viewer)

Russ Felton

Stunt Coordinator
I was wondering the same thing today. I haven't received my disc yet either and I am dying to know what exactly is on it. I haven't checked to see if they cashed my check yet, so I'll have to look into that. I sent them the necessary papers on October 2 (the same day I got John Waters Coolection Volume 3). It does say to allow 8 - 10 weks for delivery so if it doesn't come by December 21 then I will really start to worry.

Russ

Shane Gralaw

Second Unit
Hey guys, still haven't got my disc either but there's an article about the bonus disc in Video Store Magazine where they report:

The disc includes more than three and a half hours of video including vintage Waters television appearances, interviews with the director and his favorite stars (like the oversized drag queen Divine and current talk show sensation Ricki Lake), promotional materials, film excerpts, behind-the-scenes footage, new interviews and more special features. The bonus disc also includes more than two hours of archival audio footage including interviews and other vintage clips from the director and his films along with DVD-ROM capability, a photo gallery with 60 archival photos, animated timeline menus detailing events in John Waters career.
I was sort of hoping for the shorts like "The Diane Linkletter Story" but no indication of that. Oh well. I'll still be happy to check it out.

Dylan Davis

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks for the info!

I was hoping we'd get the old stuff too. Like Roman Candles and Eat Your Makeup.

Still sounds really cool though!

Jay Gregory

Stunt Coordinator
Wow, sounds like a worthwhile bonus. I'm going to have to start collecting these disks, despite the Pink Flamingos/Female Trouble framing controversy, and the inclusion of Pecker.
What are the terms of this offer? Is it still valid?
I asked the same question in a previous thread, and this helpful response was provided: "Requests must be postmarked by 12/15/02 and received by 12/31/02."

Mark Zimmer

Senior HTF Member
Here's the description from Video Business---sounds more enticing all the time!

"...the studio's John Waters Bonus Disc (color and B & W, 350 min. stereo, widescreen and fullscreen) is a highly entertaining amalgam of all things Waters, including vintage TV appearances, home movies, tours of his beloved Baltimore, interviews with casts and friends, photo galleries, excerpts from movies and much more. A DVD can't get more inclusive than featuring old audio recordings of Waters and kvetching Divine or a look at the King of Bad Taste's annual Christmas party invitations. The content can be accessed from one of two colorful timeline menus. One chronicles Waters' life by his movies, and the more traditional timeline places everything together in the context of the "real world". Of course, the real world highlights of the second timeline are pure Waters, noting such red letter years as Jane Russell becoming a born-again Christial (1950) and the momentous years that Valium was first made available to the public (1963)."

Scott_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
350 minutes??!!?? That's nearly 6 hours!! Wow - well worth the $5.95 (and purchase of the 3 sets).

Bill McA

Senior HTF Member
Did any Canadians receive this disc?

The insert states that the offer is available to U.S. residents only...

I asked New Line about this in their last chat, and they curtly stated that Alliance Atlantis is their Canadian distributer and that they were distributing the bonus disc in Canada....yet the Canadian discs contain NO mention about receiving a bonus disc from Alliance!

How the heck do I get this disc??

Scott_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Bill, no Americans have received the disc yet (except for the review copy, which was just a test disc).

But since it says U.S. only, I would imagine it's U.S. only.

Bill McA

Senior HTF Member
But since it says U.S. only, I would imagine it's U.S. only.
If you had actually read my post, it clearly stated that the bonus disc WAS available to Canadians through Alliance Atlantis (as per New Line's chat response).

My question was in regards to how one would actually go about receiving the bonus disc from Alliance, as there is no mention of the Alliance offer in the actual discs!

Russ Felton

Stunt Coordinator
I still haven't received my John Waters bonus Disc and it is now past the 10 week mailing deadline the mailer card mentioned. Has anybody received it yet?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks