What's new

Anyone read any of John Grisham's books? (1 Viewer)

LDfan

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jeffrey
If so how are they? Years ago I read the Firm and the Pelican Brief and loved them. Are any of his other books as good as these two? If so which ones?

thanks,
Jeff

PatrickM

Screenwriter
The Pelican Brief is probably his best. I haven't read many in awhile but I thought the Runaway Jury was good as was the Street Lawyer and the Testament. The Partner was also a very good book.
I haven't read any of his newer ones. Blame my addiction to DVD's and HT for that. :)
Patrick

RussR

Stunt Coordinator
Definitely read The Runaway Jury. That and The Firm are his best. The Client, The Chamber and The Rainmaker are pretty entertaining. I thought that the end of The Partner spoiled an otherwise good story. I haven't found his latest stuff to be as engaging, although I haven't read The Summons yet.

Jason Boucher

Stunt Coordinator
As a disaffected lawyer, I can say that Grisham nails the profession in all of his books. I identify with his characters so well. After you have read 3 or 4 and get the gist of his plot (disaffected lawyer escapes profession with a large pot of money), try The Testament for an unexpected turn of the worn plotline.

Chris Wittry

Stunt Coordinator
I would definately recommend reading A Time to Kill. I've read all of his books, but I think his 1st was his best. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks