Anyone read any of John Grisham's books?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by LDfan, Jun 18, 2002.

1. LDfan

LDfan Supporting Actor

If so how are they? Years ago I read the Firm and the Pelican Brief and loved them. Are any of his other books as good as these two? If so which ones?

thanks,
    Jeff

2. PatrickM

PatrickM Screenwriter

The Pelican Brief is probably his best. I haven't read many in awhile but I thought the Runaway Jury was good as was the Street Lawyer and the Testament. The Partner was also a very good book.
    I haven't read any of his newer ones. Blame my addiction to DVD's and HT for that. [​IMG]
    Patrick

3. RussR

RussR Stunt Coordinator

Definitely read The Runaway Jury. That and The Firm are his best. The Client, The Chamber and The Rainmaker are pretty entertaining. I thought that the end of The Partner spoiled an otherwise good story. I haven't found his latest stuff to be as engaging, although I haven't read The Summons yet.

4. Jason Boucher

Jason Boucher Stunt Coordinator

As a disaffected lawyer, I can say that Grisham nails the profession in all of his books. I identify with his characters so well. After you have read 3 or 4 and get the gist of his plot (disaffected lawyer escapes profession with a large pot of money), try The Testament for an unexpected turn of the worn plotline.

5. Larry Schneider

Larry Schneider Second Unit

It's odd that nobody mentions A Time To Kill - I think that's his best, and it was his first.

6. Chris Wittry

Chris Wittry Stunt Coordinator

I would definately recommend reading A Time to Kill. I've read all of his books, but I think his 1st was his best. [​IMG]