What's new

Anyone playing "The Thing" for the Xbox? (1 Viewer)

Micheal

Screenwriter
Real Name
Mike
I still haven't found it in any stores in my area? If you're playing it can you let me know what you think?

Thanks.

JohnE

Supporting Actor
Fed Ex just dropped mine off. :angry: Now I have to wait 'till I get off work tonight to play.

Lou Sytsma

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Sytsma
I'm enjoying it. The interface takes a bit of getting use to and is now becoming second nature.

Graphics are good - not great. Character models and faces are well done - as is the voice acting. The interior environments are good and the exterior ones are OK. The outside graphics are limited by the environment.

No music of any type throughout the game though so far - bummer as I believe the music really sets the tone of the game.

There are nice references to the movie but you quickly leave the American base behind. Not sure I like that too much but guess the game developers wanted the freedom of creating a new area not restrained by the movie.

Right now most of your focus is on equipping your team members and monitoring their status ie health, mood, trust level etc.

Gameplay consists of finding keys, codes etc so nothing too revolutionary there.

Creature animations - so far seem pretty good.

Overall I'm enjoying it but a lot of the charm in playing the game is coming from the movie.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks