Anyone playing Earth & Beyond?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Dave Sabo, Dec 21, 2002.

1. Dave Sabo

Dave Sabo Stunt Coordinator

Just curious... I just downloaded and installed the free trial last night... seems interesting so far though I haven't put much time in yet.

I've just been on the search for the next great MMORPG that will suck me in ever since I finally burned out on EQ, so I've been trying just about every one that comes out.

So if anyone plays or has played it, I'd be happy to hear your experiences with it. If ya do still play... what server do you play on?

2. BrianB

BrianB Producer

3. Dave Sabo

Sounds like every MMORPG that I've tried after EQ.

As much as people like to complain about what EQ is and was... it sure as hell set a high standard for the genre for me. I guess I'm hoping that someone that will come out with something that is radically different, just as EQ was radically different in it's time.

4. Andre F

Andre F Screenwriter

I know it's nowhere near an MMORPG but I can't enough of The Sims Online...maybe I'm just goofy! [​IMG]

5. Jeremy_Nelson

Jeremy_Nelson Stunt Coordinator

I just started playing it a few days ago and like it so far. I've from alot of people that it gets really old after a month or two, but if so thats fine. Alot of entertainment can be had in that time. For me at least I think the next big thing is going to be SWG, though what I really want is the first expansion for it, MMORPG XvT, that is going to rock.

6. Dave Sabo

I'm thinking the same thing as you Jeremy... just hoping SWG doesn't end up being an EQ clone.
    Andre, yeah I've been messing with TSO since the beta went public, I haven't actually purchased the game now tho. To me it's just a graphical chat room, which is addicting in it's own right. But I often find myself playing TSO while I'm watching a movie or doing other things... like go work out then walk away from computer until you need to green up again, rinse and repeat. The only time I actually sit in front of the game is when I'm chatting with people, or working on my house... dunno... somehow it's still slightly addicting.