Anyone playing Age of Mythology (PC)?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Jeff Peake, Nov 8, 2002.

1. Jeff Peake

Jeff Peake Supporting Actor

What a great game. Between this game and Battlefield 1942 I have been spending far too much time on PC gaming lately.

If anyone wants to play AOM this weekend, add me to your FRIENDS list in the game, my name is "Thro".

Jeff

2. James_Kiang

James_Kiang Screenwriter

I'm not playing it [​IMG] but I have been very tempted to pick it up. Best Buy has it for 39.99 right now, but I just don't think I'll have the time to play it. As much as I enjoy being married and having a 2 year old daughter, I just don't have the time I used to to play games... I'm also not the biggest RTS fan in the world, but the mythology spin on this title does intrigue me.

3. Tom_J

Tom_J Agent

I just started playing it. Got into my 1st game last night. I think $39.99 is a good price. Of course, I've been a Age-of-series fan since the beginning.
    I was amazed at the graphics. I thought AOK had a huge improvement over AOE, I think this jump is just as big, if not bigger, for me. I think it has a lot more eye candy than AOK.
    I don't think I'm quite ready to play online yet since just having gotten it. [​IMG]

4. James Zos

James Zos Supporting Actor

I have the demo. Definitely the best graphics on an RTS that I've seen. But what is with the no blood?

5. Adam_Garris

Adam_Garris Supporting Actor

Jeff Peake: I picked up the game tonight, so if you want to get a game this weekend just let me know when.

6. James_Kiang

James_Kiang Screenwriter

I downloaded the Trial Version, but I've only had time to mess around with the tutorial stuff. It definitely looks very nice and when they have you meteor the pirate camp it's quite impressive. Fry's is advertising it at 34.99 this weekend so I can go there or have EB price match it. There's a very good probability at that price that I'll go ahead and do it; I might even trade in a game or two just to make it a little cheaper.

7. Todd Terwilliger

Todd Terwilliger Screenwriter

Damn, I had forgotten all about this title! I'll definitely have to pick it up.

8. Graeme Clark

Graeme Clark Cinematographer

It's very pretty, and some of the ideas in it are great, but playing it reminds me why I never really liked AOE or AOK. Too much focus on resource management and upgrades.

Maybe one of the other races is a bit better, but I doubt it.