What's new

Anyone played the new Star Fox demo? (1 Viewer)

Sean Moon

Senior HTF Member
I was at work yesterday playing the Mario Sunshine demo for a few moments before the store opened and saw on the same disc that there was a video preview of metroid prime(drool...looks good) as well as a PLAYABLE Star Fox demo!!!

Anyone else played this? I was too wrapped up in Mario to play

Sean Moon

Senior HTF Member
Finally played this thing today. Played the Arwing stage and the pterodactyl(sp) stage. Varied gameplay and whatnot.
Also, fiddling with the options this game supports Pro-Logic II and 16:9! Dont know about 480p though

VinT

Agent
Yes I played the SF demo today and I was very pleased by its intuitive controls. I can't wait to buy this game. I was less impressed by Mario though.

Tom Fudold

Stunt Coordinator
Hi Guys,
I played the SF demo today, I felt it was OK. I didn't really get too excited by it... but it is beautiful in terms of visuals.
Mario (here comes some hate mail to me), didn't impress me much either. I don't know, I'm 31 years old now, and I haven't played a Mario game since N64, and I think I'm just not into that kind of game anymore :frowning:
There were some kids there after me that were in nirvana while playing it though, so I'm sure it will be everything people want... just not me anymore.
T.

JohnE

Supporting Actor
Don't feel bad Tom, you're not alone. I'm 32 and even though I'll be picking up Mario next week I'm really just not to excited about it!? I think I'm buying it more for nostalgic reasons than anything else. I'm sure it will be a great game but the Mario franchise just dosen't do for me what it used to. I expect that I'll be spending most of my time next week with Icewind Dale 2.

JayF

Stunt Coordinator
Tom/John-
Same feeling here. I tried both demos at CC yesterday walked away without that "I gotta have it" feeling. Now if only I could get my hands on a demo of Panzer Dragoon Orta -- I have high hopes for that.
Jay

Tom Fudold

Stunt Coordinator
I'm buying it more for nostalgic reasons than anything else
You said it John, that's the reason I bought the Cube in the first place. I figured, "It's Nintendo", I have to buy it, I have always bought their products. But, I am not enjoying it nearly as much as I hoped.

I think GTA3, Halo, DMC, MGS, MOH, and more games in the more grittier mode have taken over my tastes.

I'm sure Mario would be a TON of fun, I'm just not going to get it when I can have Turok, The Thing, Socom, and Onimusha in the same week. I know, I know, people will say those can't compare to Mario, but again, that's thier opinion, and I get more enjoyment out of those types of games.

I'm not trying to be negative, I'm sure I won't ruffle feathers, since this isn't an IGN board... I'm just explaining what I feel about those games.

TF

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks