Anyone played the new Star Fox demo?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Sean Moon, Aug 24, 2002.

1. Sean Moon

Sean Moon Cinematographer

I was at work yesterday playing the Mario Sunshine demo for a few moments before the store opened and saw on the same disc that there was a video preview of metroid prime(drool...looks good) as well as a PLAYABLE Star Fox demo!!!

Anyone else played this? I was too wrapped up in Mario to play

2. Sean Moon

Sean Moon Cinematographer

Finally played this thing today. Played the Arwing stage and the pterodactyl(sp) stage. Varied gameplay and whatnot.
    Also, fiddling with the options this game supports Pro-Logic II and 16:9! Dont know about 480p though

3. VinT

VinT Agent

Yes I played the SF demo today and I was very pleased by its intuitive controls. I can't wait to buy this game. I was less impressed by Mario though.

4. Tom Fudold

Tom Fudold Stunt Coordinator

Hi Guys,
    I played the SF demo today, I felt it was OK. I didn't really get too excited by it... but it is beautiful in terms of visuals.
    Mario (here comes some hate mail to me), didn't impress me much either. I don't know, I'm 31 years old now, and I haven't played a Mario game since N64, and I think I'm just not into that kind of game anymore [​IMG]
    There were some kids there after me that were in nirvana while playing it though, so I'm sure it will be everything people want... just not me anymore.
    T.

5. JohnE

JohnE Supporting Actor

Don't feel bad Tom, you're not alone. I'm 32 and even though I'll be picking up Mario next week I'm really just not to excited about it!? I think I'm buying it more for nostalgic reasons than anything else. I'm sure it will be a great game but the Mario franchise just dosen't do for me what it used to. I expect that I'll be spending most of my time next week with Icewind Dale 2.

6. JayF

JayF Stunt Coordinator

Tom/John-
    Same feeling here. I tried both demos at CC yesterday walked away without that "I gotta have it" feeling. Now if only I could get my hands on a demo of Panzer Dragoon Orta -- I have high hopes for that.
    Jay

7. Tom Fudold

Tom Fudold Stunt Coordinator