What's new

Anyone played Bloodwake? (1 Viewer)

SteveBjr

Stunt Coordinator
This game looks great but i have yet to rent it. I'm looking at Bloodwake & Silent Hill 2. Bloodwake looks badass and i'm anxious to try it out. Is Bloodwake as fun as Halo? I loved Halo and just beat it a couple of days ago. Great game for anyone who likes First person shooters.

Camp

Senior HTF Member
Bloodwake is a decent title for rental but I wouldn't buy it.

It's mindless shooting with an attempt at a story (I really don't like the long voice-over static art they use to advance the story line). The gameplay is fairly solid but it somehow feels incomplete...like they wanted to do so much more with it but ran out of time.

Derrik Draven

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Chris
I have to 2nd Camps opinion. The game is shallow, with a very "tacked on" weak ass story. I thought the static images, instead of some cgi, were a cheap attempt instead of some sort of style.

Water effects are nice but, they didn't blow me away either and, this IS supposed to be the Xbox. ICO's water and the water effects in the PS2's Baldurs Gate game are easily better, imho.

It's a renter, as Camp said. Definitely give it a try before you buy.

And, if you're trying to choose between BW and Silent Hill II, well...that's a no-brainer. Silent Hill 2 is in a class by itself. But, as I'm sure you know, it's a TOTALLY different sort of game than BM.

Andy Sheets

Senior HTF Member
I'll second the "rent, don't buy" assessment. I tried it out and it's not that bad, really, but nor does it hook you and draw you in the way that a really good game does. It's certainly not on the level that Halo is.

Aaron Copeland

Second Unit
Real Name
Aaron
The gameplay is fairly solid but it somehow feels incomplete...like they wanted to do so much more with it but ran out of time.
Now this I would agree with. The game has a very "unpolished" feel to it, but I've really enjoyed it. But it should be noted that I'm a huge fan of the vehicular combat genre (TM, Critical Depth, V8, Rogue Trip, etc...). The game could use a wider selection of weapons and the land masses are pretty plain. But the boats themselves are very detailed...with moving engine parts and weapons.
Overall, if you are fan of the genre, I think it is a solid buy. If you are not so much a fan of the genre, but are interested in an action game, then give it a rent first.
Aaron

Ricky Hustle

Supporting Actor
I rented it, played with it for about a 1/2 hour, then never touched it again for the 5 days I was allowed to keep it. I didnt think that either the graphics or the story were all that good.

JasonKrol

Supporting Actor
i think you can play it at most EBs now too...thats where I played it..and walked away after about 3 mins when I was bored with it.

although, i rented PGR and played for about 10 mins and never played again during the rental period..and I hear thats like the greatest game for xbox (which saddens me..because if xbox doesnt release a good game soon im going to start to regret my purchase)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks