1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone play Rugby out there?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Greg Morse, Feb 26, 2002.

1. Greg Morse

Greg Morse Stunt Coordinator

Union only, no league players need apply [​IMG] . I realized I've never seen a Rugby thread out there, but plenty for other sports. I played for all four years in college (fullback and wing mostly), took 5 years off for some stupid reason and started playing again last spring. Being 30 pounds heavier than my old play weight (mostly good), I've since moved to center. Man, I forgot how fun this sport was. There's nothing like hitting a gap and suddenly finding yourself with nothing in front of you except for the try line.

2. Bill Balcziak

Bill Balcziak Supporting Actor

I played briefly, until I saw a guy get carried off the field one time, looking like a figure from a Dali painting. Call me a sissy, but I believe your nose belongs in the center of your face, not by your ear. Gruesome. [​IMG]

3. Nick Sievers

Nick Sievers Producer

I've only played a little Union. But through high school I played League as a 2nd Rower. Quite liked the game back then and had plenty of injuries (delt them out as well [​IMG], but i'm over sports these days and care very little for either game. I did have a lot of fun playing though and it did take a lot out of me.

4. Bill Cowmeadow

Bill Cowmeadow Second Unit

Played the last two years of Senior School (Newmarket Suffolk). Never wore a jock strap or a cup, don't ask me how I never got hurt. I guess I was just living right at the time! Most fun I have had in my entire life.

Cheers.