Anyone picking up the Velvet Revolver CD on the 8th?

Discussion in 'Music' started by BrionL, Jun 6, 2004.

1. BrionL

BrionL Stunt Coordinator

Man I'm looking forward to this release. Duff, Slash, and Matt playing together again. Plus Scott Weiland on vocals. This should be a pretty killer album!

Brion

P.S. If only Axl would get his stuff together we might get another G'N'R album. But I don't think that will happen anytime soon.

2. Brian L

Brian L Cinematographer

Yup...I am all over this one. I don't recall when I last was looking forward this much to a CD release.

Had it ordered from Amazon for $13.49, but looks like all the big-box guys are doing it for $9.99. Cancelled the pre-order, and will be visiting my local Best Buy Tuesday.

It would be really hard for me NOT to like this.

As for Axl....well, that ship has sailed, methinks. Opportunity lost. Kind of makes you wonder why.

BGL

3. Shane D

Shane D Supporting Actor

i also be getting it. I do like the single that is out right now, and i just like weilends voice. Im out of town til thursday though, so i'll probably not pick it up til then, along with 311's greatest hits cd.

4. Mark Murphy

Mark Murphy Supporting Actor

Count me in!

5. Tony-B

Tony-B Producer

I might pick it up.

6. Kevin N

Kevin N Stunt Coordinator

For anyone who has XM, they're going to be playing 1 track an hour off the CD on Squizz Tuesday starting at either 11am or 12pm EST.

7. TheLongshot

TheLongshot Producer

I'm looking forward to it, mainly because they removed the aspect that I always hated about GnR: Axl.

Jason

8. AricB

AricB Second Unit

I may wait a bit. Saw them live couple weeks ago, good show, but it wasnt the original material that impressed me or anybody there with me. I'll wait to hear some feedback first.

9. hanson mat

hanson mat Stunt Coordinator

I never cared much for STP, but I really like what I've heard from VR so far. I guess it goes to show that the vocals do not make or break the band.

10. John Milton

John Milton Second Unit

I'm picking it up. I liked most of STP's music. The two songs I've heard from the album are pretty good. Weiland's recent dance performance on Letterman was a bit fruity though, but I don't plan on buying any videos they may put out. [​IMG]

11. Todd H

Todd H Go Dawgs!

Todd
    I'm there. What I've heard of the album so far has been pretty good. I just hope Scott can stay clean.

12. Scott_lb

Scott_lb Supporting Actor

I will be purchasing it off of iTunes so I can hear each song to be sure that I'll like the entire album. If not, I'll buy the individual songs that I do like. I already downloaded "Sliter" and love it!

13. Walter Kittel

Walter Kittel Producer

Oh yeah. I've always enjoyed Scott's vocals. His acoustic version of Plush from the MTV Headbanger's Ball remains my single favorite recording.

I saw the Letterman episode with Velvet Revolver and not realizing who the group's members were was surprised when they came out. I was watching the show and it was like, Holy Crap! that's Scott Weiland alongside Slash, Matt, and Duff. ( Obviously I haven't been keeping up with the developments involving these musicians. ) I'll be picking the CD up on Tuesday evening.

- Walter.

14. BrionL

BrionL Stunt Coordinator

I'm heading out the door to pick it up. I'll let you guys know what I think a little later.

Brion

15. Andrew Bunk

Andrew Bunk Screenwriter

Picked this up but haven't listened to it yet. I found the copy-protection notice on the front kind of amusing. Popped the CD in my PC, opened Roxio and I was able to extract the audio as wav files with no problem. I'm not sure what their protection is supposed to do, but there you have it.

16. John Milton

John Milton Second Unit

Yeah the copy protection label is amusing. I ripped a copy this evening with no problems using my Sony DVD drive.

17. Chad Ellinger

Chad Ellinger Second Unit

Good to know about the copy protection! I actually put the CD back in Best Buy today because I saw that label. I may have to pick it up tomorrow afternoon.

18. NickSo

NickSo Producer

Nick So
    A pretty kick ass CD... I never was a fan (just didnt listen to them, i did not dislike them) of STP nor GnR, but... yeah, its a pretty hard rockin kick ass album.

19. George See

George See Second Unit

After about a listen and a half I can say, it's an enjoyable album but it's not the savior of Rock N Roll it was hyped to be. IMHO it's worth a purchase but it's not gods gift to music.

20. MikeFR

MikeFR Supporting Actor

Its supposed to make it a bit of a pain in the ass for those that actually bought the cd.