Anyone picking up Max Payne and/or Batman Vengence for Xbox?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Brion Lydon, Nov 26, 2001.

1. Brion Lydon

Brion Lydon Stunt Coordinator

I think both games look pretty amazing, especially Max Payne. It looks like a combination of The Matrix, The Killer, and Hard Boiled. Should make for a great game.

Plus, I have been hearing good things about Batman Vengence. I guess if you're a Batman fan it's a no-brainer.

Brion

2. Scott L

Scott L Producer

I have Max Payne for the PC, so unless there are drastic improvements for the game on the Box then I'll just stick with the PC version. It is a fun game though, I dunno how the Xbox will handle it, content-wise:
    There is a part where a guy is about to get a *cough*BJ*cough* in front of his friends but Max comes in and spoils his the fun. You end up fighting the guy with his pants down.

Wonder how the MPAA people will rate that! [​IMG]
    I played Batman Vengeance on the PS2 and MAN!!!! It's just like playing the cartoon. They use the same exact voices and everything. The interactive opening cinema alone will keep you playing this game. I wish the controls for the baterang and grappling hook could have been a little better, but I'm still getting it. It's just cool to hear his cape flap in the wind. [​IMG]
    Anyone remeber "The Adventures of Batman and Robin" for the SNES? Now that was some fun, looked exactly like the cartoon and was a must have for any fan.

3. Brion Lydon

Brion Lydon Stunt Coordinator

According to IGN, Max Payne has better graphics than the PC. Go on over to IGN and check it out.

Brion

4. Rob Speicher

Rob Speicher Supporting Actor

5. Dan B

Dan B Screenwriter

I'll be picking up Max Payne for the Xbox...whenever I actually get around to picking my Xbox up. Max Payne is too much for my older PC to handle.

-Dan B.

6. Jay_Sharp

Jay_Sharp Stunt Coordinator

I finished Batman a couple weeks ago. Very good game. Had some GUI issues, some camera but for the most part it was spot on to BTAS.

7. Leroy

Leroy Second Unit

I'll probably be picking it up. I had it for my PC, but it was quite unstable. It was fun, but really buggy, which really affected my enjoyment(I diod patch it and contacted support but it was just one of those games that doesn't want to work).

Hopefully they will add some more levels as it was really, really short.